wikipedia page

❪ en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_Giese ❫

Martha Giese

Giese at the premiere of HSMTMTS in 2019

Born Martha Bonnevie Giese Magnussen
22 August 2002 (age 19)
Roskilde, Denmark
Residence Frederiksberg, Denmark
Nationality Danish
Occupation Singer-songwriter, actress
Years active 2013–present
Relatives Linus Bonnevie (brother)
Kevin Magnussen (uncle)

Martha Bonnevie Giese Magnussen (Danish pronunciation: [mɑ:ta bonəvi:ə gisə mɑʊ̯nusən]; born 22 August 2002), credited professionally as Martha Giese, is a Danish singer-songwriter and actress. She gained recognition during the 2010s for her roles as Frida on The Bridge and her lead role as Nini Salazar-Roberts in the Disney television program High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. After signing with Geffen and Interscope Records in 2020, Giese released her debut single "Drivers License" on January 8, 2021. She followed it up with singles "Deja Vu" and "Good 4 U", and released her debut solo studio album, SOUR (2021).

^ LIFE AND CAREER

2000–2019: Early life and acting career

Giese was born in Roskilde, Denmark, to actress and singer Sonja Bonnevie Giese and four-time Formula 1 World Champion and actor, Rasmus Magnussen. Giese is biracial; her mother is Filipino-American while her father has Irish and Norwegian ancestry. She has a three-year older brother named Linus, who is also an actor and singer. She started taking vocal lessons in kindergarten. Shortly after, Giese learned to play the piano. She had begun taking acting and singing classes by the time she was six years old and was playing the guitar by age 12.

Giese made her acting debut at age eleven, in 2013, when she portrayed Frida in the second season of the successful TV crime drama series The Bridge (Danish: Broen). The following year, Giese landed the recurring role of Rikke Grønnegaard in the Danish television drama The Legacy (Danish: Arvingerne).

Her international acting debut was in 2015 portraying the lead of Grace Thomas in the direct-to-video film An American Girl: Grace Stirs Up Success. The same year, she starred in the Danish-German co-production Land of Mine (Danish: Under sandet). In 2016, she received recognition for her role as the guitarist in the Disney Channel series Bizaardvark, a role she played for three seasons. She portrayed Lærke in the Danish Christmas calendar, The Other World (Danish: Den Anden Verden). The Christmas calendar was sent on the Danish TV channel DR1 from 1. to 24. December 2016.

Giese was cast in the Danish series The Rain in 2017, where she played Saga, a young Swedish girl trying to survive with her boyfriend six years after a virus wiped out almost all humans in Scandinavia. It premiered on Netflix on 4 May 2018. She appeared as Alicia, a new Barden Bella in the 2017 musical comedy film Pitch Perfect 3.