𝟬𝟮𝟬   tillykke

       "—HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR Martha! Happy birthday to you!"

       Martha smiled before she blew out the candles on the cake once her parents, Linus, Mick and Louise had finished singing the birthday song. "Thanks!! And I'm really happy you're both here!"

       It had been a bit of a shock to her when she walked into the living room and saw her brother (who lived in fucking New York City!) and her aunt Louise and baby cousin there. It was a delightful surprise! (and Martha had been wanting to see Laura again, having only seen her cousin a few weeks after her birth.)

       "Of course, we had to come!" Louise answered and she moved to give her niece a hug. "And Kevin is sorry he couldn't be here."

       She nodded at what Louise said. Martha knew her uncle would have been here if he could. Of course, she knew and Martha would've loved to have him here. But Kevin was still in Madison, Illinois. There had been an IndyCar race yesterday and it wasn't easy to get to Roskilde in less than a day.

       Linus ruffled Martha's hair. "You know I had to be here for your birthday. Little Martha Moo isn't so little anymore," he responded and a light chuckle sounded from him when she scowled at him for messing up her hair. "Besides, I had to meet your boyfriend. And I like him, he's very nice," Linus added, this time in Danish.