Prologue

"I'm not going to hurt you."

Everyone says it. For some, it's sincere. For others, it's just a part of the motions. I said it once, and I broke that promise. She said it too, yet broke hers as well. Within a relationship, hurting someone is inevitable. It could be the smallest little comment, or a situation blown out of proportion. The bottom line is, no one is invincible. Everyone's feelings get hurt. The only part that matters is how you cope with it; How you move on.

Moving on can be a challenge in itself. And some people don't move on. Some people, much like myself, devote their entire heart and a piece of their soul to their significant other, leaving themselves barren when it's over. When it's all said and done, some people just settle. They muddle through, day by day. They go through the motions. They can't find someone else. They can't do anything but miss the person that ruined them. All they do is crave them and the way things used to be. I'm like that.

To me, I'd say that the ultimate challenge would have to be letting go. You have to make peace with the ghosts of your past. You cannot let them plague your mind, your actions, or your body. You need to be provided with closure to officially begin to heal. Because if you don't, they will certainly come back to haunt you.

A/N

• Angst warning •

This is based on a true story lol. It's from Lauren's pov, and she's portraying me. Normani is her ex. (laurmani af) although this is a camren fic.

My past regarding relationships isn't very pretty. And this won't exactly be a fluffy fic, that's what Journals was for. This is my second attempt at angst, after The Silence. Trying out new things yanno. 

Hope you enjoy xx