Chapter 15 (Final Chapter)

"I can't breathe," Camila grumbled as she attempted to fork the last bit of her breakfast into her mouth.

I was watching her in disgust. Her plate came with an assortment of foods, so I was glad she was paying. There were grits, pancakes, sausage, toast, eggs, bacon, oatmeal, and a bowl of fruit. It was a nice platter, until she began mixing everything. I couldn't tell the syrup from the grits or the pancakes from the eggs because she drowned it all in syrup and just shoveled it into her mouth like a monster. And it was like she barely chewed before gulping down large portions of her drink.

"Does that mean you're finished...?" I asked hopefully. Watching her eat had sort of made me lose my appetite.

"Yeah," she confirmed and dropped her fork onto her plate. She doubled over the counter and laid down on her arms. "Why do you keep asking me that?"

"Because watching you eat that is sickening," I admitted, not even trying to hide it.

"It's all going to the same place," she argued back, then groaned and held onto her stomach.

"Ew," I shook my head and swiveled around on my stool as I waited for our check to come out.

"What, you don't find that adorable too?" Camila put to me sarcastically.

"Not even in the slightest," I responded monotonously.

"So the way I look in the morning is cute to you, but me eating is what grosses you out?" Camila reiterated for me with a raised eyebrow.

"Precisely," I nodded once, beginning to unlock my phone.

"You're twisted," Camila said resolutely before plopping back down on her arms.

Our check came quickly after. I was busy checking the notifications on my phone while Camila was next to me, moping about her stomachache. While we were leaving I made a mental note to come back here, despite the way it looked on the outside. The food was excellent quality and the atmosphere was accommodating. I just wouldn't bring Camila next time, because watching her scarf all of that down was the only factor that ruined my meal.

No, I probably would. Who am I kidding? I'd take her anywhere with me.

"Want me to drive?" I offered as I walked to her car. She was trailing behind me with a sullen expression, and I kind of felt bad for her.

"Please," Camila nodded quickly and changed her route, now going to the passenger's side.

Camila reclined her seat to the point where she was practically laying down. She wasn't exactly as lively or energetic as she had been on the way here. I frowned at the sight of her and tried to comfort her by stroking my fingers across her leg. "Does it really hurt that much? You look miserable."

"Yes," she whined, letting her head loll to the side.

"Poor baby," I commented with a laugh. "I told you to slow down... And to not eat it that way... You probably feel so bad because you drowned everything in syrup and ate it all whole."

"So you're just going to make me feel even worse?" Camila halfheartedly complained from beside me, glaring at me.

"I'm sorry," I laughed and started the car so we could get out of here. I wanted her to be comfortable as soon as possible.

"Kiss it better?" Camila proposed childishly, looking at me with her signature pout.

"What?" I paused in the process of switching gears.

"Kiss it better," Camila requested again, pointing towards her stomach for emphasis.

"Camila..." I trailed, trying to fight my smile. I was not about to do that.