Is Steve here?

June 7 1987, Family Video, Hawkins Indiana

Just like every other Sunday morning this month, it was pouring outside. Steve and Robin are working an opening to closing shift, while Keith is working at the arcade. Dustin was hanging around family video, just as bored out of his mind as Steve and Robin.

Steve, trying to at least feel busy was completely re-organizing a shelf of movies, almost knocking over the pile of VHS tapes he had on the floor next to him. He turned his head to look out the window on his other side, then frantically turned around to look at Dustin and Robin, "hey, uh, Dustin could you go check the back for a copy of dirty dancing? We are missing one."

"Sure."

As soon as Dustin had walked out of the room, Steve dove behind the counter Robin had been sitting on, "what the hell Harrington!"

"Shhhh," before Robin could question why she had just been shushed, the little bell on the door rang as the door calmly opened. Eddie Munson poked his head through the door and stepped inside, he was soaking wet from the pouring rain outside. Before Robin would even say hello, he was rambling on without taking a breath.

"Hey Robin, is Steve working today, I know you both just got a new schedule and I dont have his memorised yet, and umm I just really need to talk to him. So if he's not here could you tell me where he might be, or umm when his next shift is. You know what, I can see he is obviously not here, and this was probably just a huge waste of time for both of us, sorry to bother you,"

Eddie was about to walk out, "no, you're no bother, I'm not sure when his next shift is I'll check with him, as for right now he is probably at home. Did something happen? Is everything ok? If you don't mind me asking." Robin looked almost concerned, she had known Eddie for years and in all the time she had ever known him he had never been this upset.

Eddie just stood there for a second then swallowed, "no uh, um everything is fine, thanks Rob." Robin smiled at him as he walked out, got in his van, and drove off.

As soon as he was out of her sight she pulled her knees into her chest and spun around to face the inside of the counter once more, she watched as Steve got off the floor with an embarrassed look all over his face. "Steve, what happened?"

The boy was about to answer when Dustin came back saying that he couldn't find the copy of dirty dancing Steve had asked him to look for. Which he obviously didn't find because it doesn't exist. "Kay, so there is no copy in the back." There was a long pause of Dustin staring confused at the two in front of him, "Wha- what happened."

***

June 7 1987, Harrington residence, Hawkins Indiana

Steve hasn't been able to stop thinking about Eddie in hours, he was pacing back and forth impatiently waiting for a call from Robin. When the phone rang he raced towards it, barely being able to pick it up because of nerves. "What the hell took you so long!"

"Calm down, now would you tell me what happened with you and Eddie yesterday."

"Oh god ok, um, so me and him were in his trailer, and something happened, and I got a little freaked out, and I ran out, and I probably should have called him, or something, but I can't even look at him."

"Wait wait wait, you need to backtrack. In detail this time, what happened yesterday." Robin says calmly from the other side of the line."

"Um well," Steve got cut off by his front door opening and his parents walking in. "shit! Uh Robin, my parents are home, I'll talk to you tomorrow at work," and with that Robin was left confused with the dial tone of the phone ringing in her ear.

A/N: Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for reading! I have the next chapter planned and I know how I want the book to end but the middle is just grey area at the moment, so some things may change along the way just to make sure everything matches up.

What do you think happened?