Hear it from Eddie

June 8 1987, alley behind Family Video, Hawkins Indiana

Steve had left work early to do god knows what, coincidentally just before Eddie walked in, leaving Robin to lock up and bike home by herself. She would usually go through allies instead of main roads because of how busy the main roads are, allies were much more calming.

The calmness of the warm summer air on the first day in almost a month that it hadn't rained, was abruptly interrupted by someone yelling robin's name from down the alley.
"Robin! Robin! Robin! Robin, Buckley!! Wait up!" When Buckley turned around she saw none other than Dustin Henderson biking towards her.

"Oh hi, what are you doing over here this late?" Robin asked as the smaller boy approached her, completely out of breath.

"I'm looking for Steve. I thought maybe I could catch him before he left work." Dustin said, stopping to pant in between every word.

"You're about seven hours late, he left around 1pm when Eddie showed up, also looking for him. By the way have you by any chance talked to Eddie in the last couple days?"

Dustin removed both grips from the handlebars of his bike, removing his hat with one hand and running his fingers through his hair with the other. He very quietly whispered "well shit," then looked up from the ground to look at Robin, "Yeah, that's why I'm looking for Steve. Eddie told me what happened, and that Steve was running away from him. Has Steve told you?"

"Not really, all he will say is that, he was at Eddie staler then something happened, and he got freaked, then basically ran out of the trailer. He won't say anything else." at this point Robin was getting worried, what could have possibly happened that Steve was running away from it?"

"What time is your curfew?" Dustin asked.

"Dustin, I don't have a curfew. And even if I did, my parents wouldn't even Notice if I was gone all night."

Dustin rode a little bit forward then turned around and started biking back the way he had come, "you're coming back to Eddie's trailer with me. You need to hear what happened, maybe you can help fix it."

June 8 1987, Forest Hills Trailer Park, Hawkins Indiana

By the time Dustin and Robin had gotten back to the trailer park, the sun was just about set, and the lamp posts scattered around the park were illuminating the air around them. It smelled of smoke just like it always did, and the faint sound of sirens in the distance filled the air.

As the two approached Eddie's trailer Dustin got off his bike, leaning it up against the side of the trailer, Robin doing the same. The Munson trailer usually had loud music playing inside of it, so loud that it could be heard from the outside, but it was completely silent. Dustin looked back at the girl behind him before knocking.

No response. Dustin just rolled his eyes and knocked again, but this time a little louder, but still no response. "Eddie!" silence. "Eddie! It's Dustin!" They could hear footsteps, Eddie opened the door then walked away and went to sit on the couch.

Robin followed Dustin inside, the space was cluttered, yet organised at the same time. She turned to look at Eddie who she could only describe to be in a state of heartbreak. He just stared at her for a second before looking at Dustin. "You didn't say she was going to be here."

"Relax, she is here to help you, maybe she can fix your problem. Steve won't tell her what happened, so she needs to hear it from you," Dustin gave Eddie a reassuring smile as Robin sat down on the couch next to him.

Eddie's eyes were surrounded by a faint ring of smudged eyeliner, making him look just the slightest bit like a panda. Robin could only help but assume he had been crying. Eddie took a deep breath in, "ok, fine. Here's what happened."

A/N: I'm sorry to end the chapter like this, but I promise the next chapter will be out either tomorrow or later today, and it will have the full story of what happened. As for now I wanted to say thank you for reading, and if you are interested in Stranger Things edits (byler, steddie, elmax, lumax, ronance, etc, etc) my tiktok is @zombie_boy_official. Thanks again for reading!