I love you

June 6 1987, Forest Hills Trailer Park, Hawkins Indiana

Steve pulled into the trailer park, the rain hitting the windows of his car. Rain was one of his favourite sounds, it was calm, but could be aggressive at times, as if it had the temper of a human being.

When he arrived at Eddie's trailer, he got out of his car and ran up to the trailer's door, in the hopes he wouldn't get soaked. He pulled his key out of his pocket and opened the door. He had been spending so much time in that trailer it started to feel more like home then his actual house. At home he was alone most of the time, his dad working long hours, and mom was never home either, even when he was young, but here he was never alone.

When he stepped inside he was met with Eddie's lips pressing against his, as Eddie pulled away, Steve can't help but smile. "You're in a good mood today," Steve laughed.

"Yeah, well I get to see you."

Steve jokingly rolled his eyes, "You see me every day." Eddie just smiled at his boyfriend, then kissed him on the forehead.

An hour later Eddie was sitting on the couch, Steve laying with his head on Eddie's lap, Eddie running his fingers through Steve's hair. They had the kind of relationship with each other where they didn't need to talk to enjoy being in each other's presence, they just liked being together.

"Steve, could we talk about something?"

Steve sat up, now sitting beside Eddie. From what Steve knew about his old friends' dating experiences, and the period of time he and Nancy went out "can we talk"usually wasn't a good thing. But compared to almost every other relationship he had ever witnessed, he and Eddie had nothing usual about them.

Eddie took a deep breath in, then out, "um, ok uh, so you know Mrs. Gaunt, the cat lady that lives on the other side of the park. So um, she's moving into an old folks home, and her daughter is trying to sell her trailer. I was thinking about buying it."

"That's great!"

"Ok well hold the aplauze. This is kinda a shot in the dark but, um since you're here so often," Eddie took a long pause, he was nervous, and anyone that has ever come into contact with Eddie Munson knows he usually isn't the nervous type. "Um I-, I was wondering, if you would um maybe want to uh um, if you would uh."

"Yes."

Eddie was taken aback. He hadn't even asked the full question yet Steve had already agreed. Both boys never had very many people around that cared about them, their whole lives, which is why this relationship meant so much to the both of them. They weren't exposed to healthy relationships when they were young, neither of them had anything of the such to fall back on. But somehow they had such a close, accepting relationship.

They managed to understand each other without full sentences, Steve knew exactly what Eddie was asking him.

Eddie's anxiousness slowly faded into a giant smile, spreading from one ear to the other. "You're sure about this?" Steve nodded as if to say "is it even a question" Eddie leaned forward pressing his lips against Steve's. He wasn't sure if Steve was aware of it, but Eddie really did love him.

As they pulled away from the kiss, they just stared at one another, Steve's cheek still resting in the palm of Eddie's hand, and they both couldn't help but smile. Eddie stared into Steve's eyes, "I love you."

June 8 1987, Forest Hills Trailer Park, Hawkins Indiana

"And then, he just upped and left."

Robin looked at Eddie, sympathy filling her eyes, "oh Eddie. I'm sorry."

A/N: according to my friends I'm really good at writing very loving scenarios then completely destroying them. This chapter is starting to make me believe it. If anyone needs money for therapy I'm happy to pitch in. Remember to drink water!