Operation "to be named later"

June 10 1987,  Henderson residence, Hawkins Indiana

Dustin was impatiently waiting for Robin to get off work. She was supposed to come to his house to discuss "operation to be named later."

"Dusty!" Dustin heard his mother yell. He ran out of his room and down the hall to see Robin standing at the door soaking wet from biking in the pouring rain.

Robin left her jacket and shoes by the door then followed Dustin to his room. She watched as he sat on the end of his bed and she sat on the floor in front of him. "I have been thinking of what to do with them all day, and I've gotten almost nowhere. Do you got any ideas?"

"Well really all we need to do is get them in one place, where they can't leave, just the two of them."

Robin laughed, "You make it sound so easy."

"We just need to find somewhere that they can't get out. Eddie said he was thinking about buying that empty trailer, no ones been living there for a couple weeks. Why don't we just use that?"

"I know you spend a lot of time with Steve, but I think he's getting to your head." The boy tilted his head in confusion at what robin had said. "The trailer has a door, they can leave whenever they please."

"Well then we just stand outside of the trailer and make sure they don't leave." Dustin said like it was the most obvious thing anyone could have said.

"Dustin, think about it. We aren't exactly the most intimidating."

"Right. Uh, why don't we turn the doorknob around?"

"Excuse me?"

Dustin rolled his eyes at Robin, "remove the doorknob then put it back on backwards. So that they need a key to get out, then we put something heavy on top of the roof vent, and we wait in Steve's car or something. To keep watch, you know, just so no one else goes in or unlocks the door."

"Dustin you are an idiot."

After another hour had passed, the two threw ideas at each other. All of which were pretty shit. Then Robin spoke again, "hey henderson, maybe that idea you had like an hour ago wasn't so bad after all."

"Wait really?" Dustin said surprised.

"God no. But I'm starting to get desparte." 

So with that "operation to be named later" was a go. Dustin's job was to go buy anything they might need, a little bit of food, a roll of toilet paper, not very much, it's not like they were going to be in there for long. Well, as long as everything went to plan. Robins job was to get the keys for Mrs. Gaunt's daughter, which she gave up without a question, she just wanted the damn trailer off her hands.

Apparently the trailer had already been paid for, she accused it had been Eddie that bought it. The only thing left to do was get Steve and Eddie in the same place. Which is easier said than done.

June 12 1987, Family Video, Hawkins Indiana

It was a couple days after the plan had been set in place, Dustin and Robin were impatiently waiting for her and Steve to get off work. She had convinced Keith to give them both the next day off considering almost no one had been into Family Video for a week due to the rain, and no one was crazy enough to go anywhere. Well, almost no one that is.

Steve turned to look at Dustin "so let me get this straight. You have a surprise for me but we need to drive to it. But I'm not allowed to see where we are going so you need to drive while I'm what, while I'm blindfolded or some shit?"

"Geez Steve, you sound like you don't trust me."

"Because I don't. You don't even have a licence."

"I have a permit, legally you just need to be in the car. And robins into it too, you trust her don't you?" Dustin asked, making a puppy dog face.

"I suppose so."

I know I said I was going to post a couple more chapters today, but I got carried away reading and now it's like two in the morning so this is all for tonight. Remember to drink water!