Extra 1 - One Purchased Day

Happy Valentine’s Day!

When Nolan received the first paycheck of his life, he was ecstatic. He whooped and planted a loud kiss on Chu Muyu’s (who was watching TV) face.  

Chu Muyu wasn’t annoyed about being interrupted. He used a finger to push Nolan, who was celebrating, away. In a gentle tone, he said, “If you have anything you want to buy, feel free to do so. If you don’t have enough, come find me and I’ll reimburse you.”  

“Anything?”  

“Nothing illegal or weird.”  

Nolan sat down beside him. He propped his chin on his palm and mulled over it for a while, troubled. Suddenly, he lit up.   

“I know what I’m going to buy!”  

“What is it?” Chu Muyu turned to look at him with interest.  

Nolan jogged to the bedroom and rummaged around for some time. He came back with his bank card in hand and placed it in Chu Muyu’s hands, declaring, “I want to buy one day of your time.”

“…What kind of new move is this?” 

Humans tended to endlessly regret their previous behavior. For example, not using the fatal attack in an argument; for example, always saying dumb things in front of the person one liked; or, for example, agreeing without a second thought when one’s lover made an unreasonable request. 

Two hours later, the great Manager Chu sat in his own office and began to regret accepting Nolan’s bank card at the time.  

As the buyer of one day of Chu Muyu’s life, Nolan was currently inspecting the man’s office with his head up and his chest out.   

In order to prevent Nolan from doing anything that he couldn’t control, Chu Muyu had discreetly locked the door when they entered the room.  

“Even though it’s already been so long since I’ve joined the company, this is my first time in your office.” Nolan said unhappily as he assessed the display in Chu Muyu’s office. 

To Chu Muyu, the office was not the main site of where he conducted business. Except for some important matters that must be completed here, Chu Muyu preferred more to carry out on-site investigation into each work assignment.   

“Since when did you learn how to pout?” Chu Muyu clamped Nolan’s face and shook it, “Don’t get influenced by Jin Yuan and the others’ girly mannerisms when you hang out with them.”  

“Do you not like people like Jin Yuan and the others?” Nolan looked at him.  

“I don’t really like the motherly bottoms that are like women.” Chu Muyu replied.  

“But you used to date Qi Chuan. Qi Chuan is more beautiful than women.” Nolan’s tone was full of jealousy.