Feel A Little Something

When Percy finds out that his friend Annabeth signed him up for an extra-credit camping trip, he's anything but thrilled.

That soon changes when he meets the only other two students going. He comes to like them, despite their odd little quirks.

- Eventual Percy/Will/Nico

●●●

Percy was having - what was, probably - the worst day in history. Ever. (Throughout his entire life, he seemed to repeatedly experience what felt like the worst day in history, only to be proved wrong again and again. It was year after year and each occasion was always majorly worse than the last one.)

He would go into detail, explain some, clarify what he meant, but he was just so exhausted he didn't think he could twitch his pinky finger, let alone use his mouth to talk, to form actual words instead of hushed, grumbled groans.

All Percy wanted to do right now was go home and relax: not head back over to his college campus to search for the room this meeting was going to be held in. Search, not because he wasn't aware which, because he'd already been told both the room number and the exact location, but because he couldn't remember anymore. He'd forgotten, unsurprisingly. (Percy tended to forget about things he didn't really care for. This was one of those things.)

Why did he sign up for this stupid trip in the first place, anyway? ...Oh, wait, yeah, that was it; he didn't. Annabeth did it for him.

She had apparently completed this particular course (Percy wasn't even one hundred percent sure what the course was, what it required of him, nor what he got from it) the previous year, and had decided, on her own, that it had been such a good experience. So good, in fact, that Percy just had to try it for himself the next time the oppostunity came around. Which was this year, unfortunately for him.

(If Percy had ever had good luck - which he hadn't - then this would be the point at which said luck ran out.)

Sighing, Percy mustered up every single ounce of energy he had left within himself (not a lot!), stumbling through the large metal gates to his college campus, one of his bag straps resting on his shoulder, the bag dangling at his side. He huffed, but continued onwards. Come on, he could do it - slowly, but he would get there eventually.

Though, he'd have to text Annabeth first.

×××

After sending a quick, not-so-pleasant text message to his friend, Annabeth, Percy practiced three sets of the slow inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale routine that his school counsellor, of the time, had taught him back in 8th grade. If he wasn't physically prepared, then he could at least attempt to appear mentally prepared.

(The text message Percy sent Annabeth may have been particularly ungrateful, but it was anything but malicious, and merely conveyed, again, his clear dislike for this semester's turn of events. Most of the events were, unsurprisingly, also Annabeth's fault.)

Percy wasn't worried about hurting Annabeth's feelings by sending her the text. Annabeth was not only thick-skinned, but she was also highly immune to most of the things Percy ever did or said, unlike the majority of the people Percy has met in his life. Plus, Percy had it on clear implication that whilst Annabeth had actually enjoyed this experience last year, the only reason she was forcing him to partake in it this year was because she fancied torturing him a little. A pure sadist, his best friend was, Percy thought.

With a final, shuddering, breath of preperation, Percy took a tiny step towards the - for now - closed room door, more of a shuffle than anything else, considering the fact that neither foot ever left the floor. Not even slightly.