iv| hangover hell

LORELAI WOKE UP THE next morning with the worst headache she'd ever experienced

LORELAI WOKE UP THE next morning with the worst headache she'd ever experienced. She let out a groan as she sat up slowly and opened her eyes reluctantly. Her eyes darted around the room as she tried to figure out where she was. She looked over to the bedside table and saw a pill bottle of Tylenol, a glass of water and a note. She narrowed her eyes as she grabbed the note.

For the hangover

E

"Eddie," she muttered, trying to piece together the memories from the night before. As she continued to glance around the room, she noticed her dress folded up neatly on the floor. She looked down at what she was wearing, recognising the Hellfire Club logo on the front of the shirt, if she could even call it a shirt, it was so oversized on her it almost looked like a dress.

Getting out of bed was a chore, but she knew she had to face Eddie eventually and hiding out in his bedroom wasn't the best plan. She pushed the covers off of herself reluctantly and got out of the bed. She left the bedroom in search of Eddie, stopping as she noticed he was asleep on the sofa on the other side of his trailer.

His eyes opened quickly before she could even attempt to sneak out of the trailer. Instead she stood there like a deer caught in headlights as he sat up. Neither knew what to say to each other as they stared at one another.

"What happened?" Lorelai broke the silence, pulling the hem of the shirt down suddenly feeling self conscious.

"I don't know what happened at the party, but you were walking home alone when I found you," Eddie explained.

"Thanks for not leaving me," she gave a small smile and leaned against the kitchen counter.

"Not that you really deserved it," he muttered, avoiding eye contact with her. She heard him but chose to stay silent, unsure of what to say. She knew he was right, she'd treated him awfully but she struggled to get the words of an apology out.

"I need to change," she said, pushing herself off of the counter and heading back into Eddie's room. She pushed the door shut and grabbed her dress off of the floor, taking off the shirt he had given her and replacing it with the dress from the night before. The smell of smoke and alcohol flooded her nose as she pulled the dress over her head.

"Gross," she muttered to herself as she looked in the mirror. Her hair was messy and the makeup she was wearing had smudged, making her look even more messed up. She attempted to fix this, wiping the mascara underneath her eyes with her finger, but that didn't seem to help much.

"Are you dressed?" Eddie asked, knocking on the door lightly.

"Yeah, you can come in," she stepped away from the mirror and stood awkwardly by the bed. He pushed the door open.

"No offence, but you smell awful," he teased, trying to make her laugh.

"Hey!" She hit him lightly. "It's true but still!" She laughed and he just smiled at her.

"You can shower here if you want?" He asked, immediately regretting it.

"God, I would kill for a shower, but that wouldn't change how bad my clothes smell right now," she pointed out. He headed over to his wardrobe and pulled out another Hellfire Club shirt. "How many of those do you own?" She teased, laughing as he threw it at her. He shook his head and dig around in his wardrobe a bit more.

"You left some clothes here," he pulled out a black skirt and threw it at her.

"Oh. I didn't know," she picked up the skirt off of the floor and looked at it. "I've been looking for this!"

"Here's a towel," he opened up a drawer and grabbed a towel, shutting the drawer behind him and walking over to her.

"Thanks, Eddie," she smiled and grabbed the towel from him, throwing it over her shoulder. Her smile faded as she looked up at him, realising how much she had missed hanging out with him.

"What's wrong?" He asked, taking a step closer to her, his face softening.

"I- Nothing," she shook her head quickly and plastered a smile onto her face. "I'm going to take a shower now," she quickly left his room and headed straight into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her.

"Fuck," she muttered as she leaned against the door, running a hand through her hair. She let out a sigh before getting undressed and turning the water on.
She waited for the water to heat up and jumped in the shower, trying to get the smell of smoke out of her hair. She didn't remember much about the night before and didn't really want to remember, she was embarrassed enough as it is.

After about 20 minutes of vigorously scrubbing her skin and washing her hair, she decided she was clean enough. She turned off the water and wrapped a towel around her before stepping out of the shower. She grabbed the clean clothes off of the floor and got changed quickly, not wanting to keep Eddie waiting any longer.

She left the bathroom and headed into his bedroom where he sat waiting on his bed. "Can you take me home?" She asked, handing him the towel.

He nodded and took the towel from her, throwing it on his bed and standing up. He grabbed his keys from the bedside table and left his room, Lorelai following behind him.

"Can we keep this between us? You know, the whole me sleeping here thing," she asked as he opened the front door.

Just when Eddie thought they were slowly getting back to how things were, Lorelai said something that ruined everything. "Don't worry, princess. No one will know you were with the freak," he sounded fed up with her.

She didn't say a word as they both got into his van. They sat in an uncomfortable silence whilst he drove her home. She wished that she didn't care what people thought about her, but after finally getting a taste of what it was like to be treated like an actual person, she didn't want it to stop.

"I'm sorry," Lorelai spoke softly, her voice barely above a whisper as she broke the silence between them. Eddie seemed surprised and turned to look at her quickly before turning his gaze back on the road.

"I'm sorry, too," Eddie replied after a moment.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. It's all me," she answered, turning to look at him.

"I miss hanging out with you, Lore," he pulled into her driveway and turned off the engine. The two sat in the van, neither one of them wanting to move. Before she could say anything, the front door to her house swung open. Lorelai watched as her mom stepped out, waiting on the porch.

"Thanks for the ride," she smiled quickly before getting out of the van, approaching her mom. Eddie watched as Lorelai's mom hugged her tight and pulled her into the house. He let out a heavy sigh and drove away, thinking about nothing but Lorelai.