xxi| a way out

"DUSTIN, DUSTIN!" Steve shouted from downstairs, gaining the attention of the group

"DUSTIN, DUSTIN!" Steve shouted from downstairs, gaining the attention of the group. They quickly rushed down the stairs

"Can you hear me? Dustin!" Steve shouted, pacing around the room like a crazy person.

"Maybe he really does have rabies," Robin said as she watched him look around.

"Steve, what are you doing?" Nancy asked. Steve turned towards them, pointing the flashlight directly at them.

"He's here. Henderson. That little shit, he's here. He's like...He's in the walls or something. Just listen," Steve sounded excited. Everyone was quiet for a moment before Steve began shouting Dustin's name again.

"That brings us to the question you first raised. How and why is there a gate at Lover's Lake?" They could hear Dustin's voice very faintly.

"Dustin!" Nancy began shouting, trying to get his attention.

"Dustin?" Lorelai shouted as she paced around the room.

Soon the whole group began shouting his name but it was no use, he couldn't hear them.

"All right, either this kid can't hear us or he's being a total douchebag," Steve said, glancing around.

"Will found a way," Nancy said, looking around the room.

"What?" Lorelai asked.

"Will! He found a way to speak to Joyce through the lights!" Nancy had a realisation, heading towards a lamp and flicking the switch.

"Try the switch," Steve suggested, pointing to the light switch.

"It's not working!" Nancy said as she kept flicking the switch.

Lorelai moved her flashlight up the the light above them and noticed an amber glow emitting from them. "Guys? Are you seeing this or have I lost my mind?" Lorelai asked.

The group turned to look at the light and moved to stand underneath it. Nancy lifted her arm up carefully and put her hand in the dust that was surrounding the light. It glowed an orange colour as she began to move her hand around.

"Woah," Eddie said, looking up at the light.

Lorelai put her hand up carefully, putting her hand gently in the dust like Nancy, and soon enough the whole group followed.

"It tickles," Steve said as he moved his hand around.

"It kinda feels good," Robin said with a chuckle.

"It's so weird," Lorelai laughed slightly as she moved her hand more.

"Does anyone know morse code?" Nancy asked, looking around at the group.

"No," Robin, Steve and Lorelai said in unison, removing their hand from the light.

"Wait, does SOS count?" Eddie asked. "Is that...is that good?" He looked at the group.