ix| 'tis the damn season

LORELAI WOKE UP ON CHRISTMAS morning with a grin on her face

LORELAI WOKE UP ON CHRISTMAS morning with a grin on her face. She headed straight to her bedroom window and pulled the curtains open quickly, looking at the snow that lay undisturbed on the ground.

She left her bedroom quickly and rushed down the stairs. Decorations covered the house and Lorelai couldn't help but wonder if Eddie's trailer would be decorated as well. Although the pair got into a fight, Lorelai decided that she would cross that bridge when she got to it, and there was no point in starting an argument over an event that might not even happen.

"Good morning!" She greeted her parents, sitting down at the dining room table and grabbing some pancakes that sat neatly on a plate in the centre.

"Chrissy dropped this off this morning," her mom handed her a small box that was wrapped in red wrapping paper.

Lorelai wasted no time opening the present. When she teared open the wrapping paper it revealed a black box. She opened it carefully and smiled as a bracelet sat inside. She took it out of the box gently and held it up, the letter C dangling from the chain. Lorelai had given Chrissy an identical bracelet before the winter break, with the letter L on the chain instead.

"Can you put it on for me?" Lorelai asked, holding out her wrist and the bracelet. Her mom nodded and put the bracelet around her wrist. "Thansk!" She grinned, examining the bracelet.

After opening the rest of her Christmas presents she ran back upstairs to her bedroom, getting dressed into a sweatshirt and some jeans. She grabbed the present she got for Eddie from her bedside table and put it in her backpack. She then ran back downstairs, saying a quick goodbye to her parents before getting into her car and driving to Eddie's place.

She pulled up outside his trailer and got out of the car. She knocked on his front door and waited patiently outside. The door swung open and Eddie stood in the doorway, grinning like an idiot. "Merry Christmas, Lore!"

"Merry Christmas, Eddie,"she smiled and entered the trailer. She glanced around, noticing the lack of decorations. "Where are all the decorations?" She asked, folding her arms as she turned to look at Eddie.

"I'm not wasting my money on decorations." He shrugged, shutting the trailer door.

"We are going Christmas decoration shopping! Grab your keys, you're driving!" She grinned.

"Lore, I can't afford-"

"I'm buying," she held up her backpack dramatically.

"I don't want you to waste your money on-"

"It's not a waste! Think of it as my present to you," she cut Eddie off again.

"Is that your way of telling me you didn't get me a present?" He grabbed his car keys from the side.

"Of course I got you a present, but you'll get it after we decorate," she smiled as they left the house. Eddie reluctantly started the car and drove to the only store in Hawkins he knew would be open on Christmas Day.