August 5, 1992

My sister Jade is being annoying AGAIN! That girl talks about poetry in her sleep. When we were all at my cousin Garnet's house, I couldn't sleep EVERY NIGHT! All of us need our beauty sleep! But today was even WORSE. So when it was luncheon time, Jade said, "Do you want a sugar cube? It improves the taste of the sweet tea."

"No. I think the tea tastes SWEET enough for me," I stabbed my fork at the steak. "I think you'll need sugar cubes so your TEETH will ROT!"

Jade cleared her throat. "Excuse me, if you roast me, I'll put five sugar cubes in your tea," She dunked the sugar cubes in my tea, splashing the drink onto my lap.

"JADE ABBOTT!" Half of the school turned around and watched my scenario with Jade. "You got tea on my Le Fey robe and Crystal Rose uniform!"

Jade sneered. "So? It's just a stupid uniform."

"'A stupid uniform?' I don't even have time to wash this tonight! Do you know how much this thing costs? Do you?" My voice rose.

"I don't have any money! We are BROKE!"Jade screeched.

I raise an eyebrow. "YOU'RE broke! I got paid $500 because of a cupcake stand. But to buy a new one is $800!"

"Well, TOO BAD!"

I wiped the wet stain off my skirt. "You are SO lucky you didn't get it on my headband," Jade grinned after I said that.

She grabbed her tea and dumped it over my head. "You jinxed it,"

I glared at her. So the calmest way to deal with this is to well, do something Jade wouldn't like me to do. I pulled her arm in my direction and ripped off her jade bracelet, and dropped it on the ground. The ringing of the bracelet tells me it touched the ground, and it shattered into a million pieces. Jade's mouth dangled. "You broke my bracelet! Good thing I have many more."

Instead of responding to Jade, I walked off not turning back, but with a smirk on my face. Anyway, I got to go. Jade is banging on the door. Bye!