August 10, 1992

Okay, I'm screaming inside of my head. I just got the worst grade in Potions Class. It's 95%! You're probably thinking, 'Oh, that's SO amazing Ruby Abbott!' NO! THAT IS THE WORST GRADE I'VE EVER HAD! I always got 100% in my life. So what happened was Jade was still mad at me, and she decided to take matters into her own hands. In class, we were taking a 20-question test. I usually take at least 30 minutes. But it took me an hour, thanks to Jade. So, when I was on the last question, I felt a sharp tap behind me. I turned around. Of course, it was Jade. "What do you want?" I hissed.

"The answer," Jade whispered. "in the 10th question. What is it?"

Seriously? She was only on the 10th question? Boy, she's slow as a turtle. I jerked my head. "Did you even study last night? Do it yourself."

Jade groaned. "Puh-leeze! I'll buy you a red-velvet cupcake with extra cream cheese frosting!"

"A red-velvet CAKE," I said, trying to focus. "But Jade, how is finding what fairy powders' main ingredient hard? It's in the name!"

"Is it glitter?" I slammed my head on the desk. "Ruby! Please tell me!"

I wanted to slap the girl into tomorrow. But I took a deep breath and turned my head. "Look, Jade. I'm trying to finish a test. I promise, when I finish this question, I'll tell you the answer to question 10. Sound good?"

Jade's eye twitched. "Just gimme your test. I'll copy it." She reaches for my test.

"NO!" I screamed. "GIVE IT! NOW!"

Jade stuck her tongue out. "I'll tell the teacher," I said.

The teacher saw me with no test. "Miss Abbott? Why do you not have a test?"

"Jade took it to copy when I told her she'll be cheating." I gritted.

"Other miss Abbott," the teacher bellowed. "Give back Ruby's test."

Jade was furious. "SIR, I SWEAR I JUST WANTED TO KNOW THE ANSWER! I MEAN, YES I WAS CHEATING, BUT RUBY IS JUST THROWING ME UNDER THE BUS, AND-!"

"Save your excuses for tomorrow," The teacher banged his fist on the desk.

Unfortunately, I forgot what the answer was and I circled a random answer. I'm so upset. The bell rang for supper. Sorry, I gotta go!