Prologue

It was a bright and sunny day for a Thursday in the peaceful city of Rosemeadow. The sun shone brilliantly in the clear, blue sky while white, fluffy clouds drifted across. Many birds were chirping appealing songs for the neighborhoods. The atmosphere exhilarated citizens all over town, bringing them to a calming mood for their jobs. All of this admiring suddenly stop with a series of sounds.

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

A blonde-red ombré-haired boy slightly groaned from his alarm clock being so noisy. He leaned his body to the right side of his bed, taking his arm onto a flat surface. He felt something odd and non-flat. He immediately knew what it was and pushed the "stop" button on his alarm clock and the instant beeping concluded. He brought his arm back to his body and yawned with both of his arms raising the roof. He tiredly sat up from his bed, rubbing his amber eyes.

"Ughhhh, another day of school of the week" He groggily said.

He bent his legs up from his comfy peach-covered bed, walking over to his closet. You see, this here is Jake Sterling. A 17-year-old teenager who attends Rosemeadow High School. Today was perhaps an exciting day.

He pulled out his ripped black jeans, a light, blue shirt with swords crossing each other, his favorite navy blue jacket brought from a thrift store, his coral red socks, and his gray combat shoes. He gently put on his clothes and went to the bathroom. He brushed his messy hair and his teeth, leaving him with a minty scent on his breath. He grabbed his blue backpack, swinging it around his back. He walked up to his bedroom door and opened it. He closed the door behind him and walked downstairs to catch some breakfast.

"Hey, sweetheart!" The blonde-haired woman turned around to his son.

"Hey, Mom! Hey Jacob!" Jake waved at his mother and his little brother.

"Hi, big brother!!" Jacob jumped from the living room couch.

"I made you pancakes with bacon for breakfast" The mom pointed over to a plate on a marbled island.

"Thanks, mom!"

Jake walked over to the island, sat down, and start to eat his pancakes.

"Today is a fun day for you Jake" Jake's mom looked at Jake while cleaning the kitchen.

"Hm?" Jake muffled with his mouth filled with the mushy, sweet dough.

"You're going on a class camping trip with your classmates for three days." Jake's mom reminded him

"Oh right!" Jake said, swallowing his pancakes.

"You sure you'll be okay by yourself?" His mom questioned.

"Mom, I'll be fine. I'm pretty sure it would be great to hang out with my friends. Besides, you know I'll call you if anything happens." Jake chowing on his crispy bacon.

"You're right"

Jake swallowed the last of his bacon. He took his plate and put it in the bubbly water in the sink.

"Have fun and be safe out there!" His mom said.

"I will! Bye!"

Jake closed the front door of his house. He walked down these small stairs and to the sidewalk, directed to his school.

—————————————————————————

Jake finally reached his school. A navy-blue bus was parked outside of the school with a group of kids near it. He couldn't believe who was in the crowd.