Chapter 3: Group Truce

⚠️TW: Little Mentions of Blood⚠️

After the blackness and the strong winds in the long cold night, the sun rosed on the horizon, spreading its gold in every direction. The golden light softly caressed the lane and ignited the birds into a chorus of melodies.

The bright beaming ball of gas shined down every acre of the campground, including the cave. Jake, who is sleeping near the entrance, blinked his amber eyes to get used to the gold light. His back was in pain because the ground was completely rock. He rubbed his eyes, turning around to his see friends still sleeping.

"God that was probably one of the worst night's sleep I ever had."

"I should look for Drew and the others just to make sure they're okay, but I don't want Hailey to worry."

Jake knew that Hailey cares about him and she'll think that the monster had taken him and or killed him, but he was wavering between two friend groups and he couldn't choose who he wants to be with. He slowly sat up and bend his legs upward and walked out of the cave, trying to make no noise. He saw the campground in the far distance, but noticed something went wrong

"What in the world- what happened to one of our tents?!"

Jake quickly dashed to the collapsed brown tent. What could've done this? Was it the terrible storm last night? Or maybe...

Was it....

The "Monster"...

Jake was curious on what happened that didn't know who was awake in the blue tent.

"Jake?"

"D-Drew?!"

"You're alive?!"

The magenta haired boy trotted to the blonde-red haired boy, giving the tightest hug that he can give him with his might. Drew's chocolate eyes filled with tears of joy. With no doubt, Jake hugged him back. Drew really thought that Jake died. Jake was glad that his friend was safe, but he sorta doesn't had that feeling with him anymore unlike Hailey.

"See Drew? Your Jakey-boo is safe, safe inside of your arms." Henry joked

"Shut up!!" Drew's tear-soaked cheeks started to glisten red

"You better not be cheating on me with your best friend, Drew!" Zoey gave her boyfriend a death stare.

"W-Why would I? I'm not gay."

"Sure..." Liam and Henry grinning at each other

"So Jake? Where did you go?"

"Oh I went..."

Jake knew if he told Drew that he was with the music club for the night then he'll probably get upset. Hailey can definitely tell but Drew on the other hand, will accept almost anything that he'll say. However, because of that experience with the monster last night, Drew can't be too mad, right?

"I went with the music club..."

"You what?!"

"Drew what other choice he had? Die alone in the woods?" Lia pointed out

"It's just...ugh! Forget about it!" Drew grumbled in a aggressive tone

"Hey, what are those girls doing over there?" Henry peeked at the student council in the forest."