Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

Botle's Point Of View:

Melusi and I got out of the car since John dropped us off at high school first. Melu and I went our separate ways by the time we get out of the car. I saw Ntokozo standing at the front gate busy using her phone.

I approached her and say: "hey girl."

"Hey bitch," she said while hugging me. We pulled away and she asked: "Ready for your first day back?"

"Yeah, I guess," I answered.

"Let's go then," she said and we walked inside the school premises.

As we were walking around the school, I noticed people staring at me. Argh, what's wrong with them? Is it their first time seeing a return student? I thought with a mental eye roll.

Feeling a bit uncomfortable, I asked Kozo: "Uhm friend, what's everyone staring at?"

"Uhm, they are probably just shocked that you're back here?" she said, rather in question.

"Oh shit, Josh's ex is back. And she's looking hot as hell," I heard one of the boys we just passed, say.

Oh, so that's why everyone was staring at me. Deciding to not let their comments get to me, I held my head high and walked to my homeroom.

"Cool, looks like we're gonna be in the same homeroom," Ntokozo said, excitedly.

I nodded, not really paying attention to what she is saying.

"Are you okay?" she asked me, her face filled with concern. She probably realised that I'm a bit distant.

"Huh? Uhm, yeah I'm okay," I replied to her.

"Are you sure? You look rather distant," she stated.

"No I'm fine. Yeah, definitely fine," I answered her.

"Uhm okay? If you say so," she said.

We walked into our homeroom, took our seats in the back and got settled.

The teacher walked into the classroom as soon as we got settled and put her things on the desk.

"Good morning, seniors," she greeted us.

"Morning Mrs. de Toit," the class greeted her in sync.

Mrs. de Toit is a really nice teacher, from what I remember. She used to teach me Afrikaans First Additional Language in Grade 9. She's really sweet with a 5'6 height, dark brown hair, blue eyes and a mesmerizing smile.

"So class, if you have noticed we have a return student here by the name of Botlebahae Mollo who will be joining us this year," she said and pointed at me.

"And she's hot!" one of the jocks in my class exclaimed. I looked in his direction and saw Pheello Mtshweni, Joshua's friend. As if feeling my gaze, he looked at me then he smirked and winked at me. I felt my cheeks getting warm and I looked away. Why am I blushing?

"Pheello, behave!" the teacher scolded him.

"Yho, sorry ma'am," he apologized and the class burst in laughter.

"Settle down class! I need to start with the register," she said.

After doing the registration, she gave us our schedule for the classes we'll be assigned to. We had 6 days which our classes are scheduled for, even though we only go to school 5 days a week. For day 1, which is today, I had English, Physical Sciences, Afrikaans, Mathematics then Lunch. After Lunch I had Gym and Life Orientation.

The siren rang so that we would go to our separate classes, Kozo and I head straight to English, which is the class behind our register class.

We got into class and took the seats at the back of the class. The teacher entered as the learners were filling in the classroom.

Ms. Mashinini, the English teacher, waited for the class to settle down so that she could start her introduction.

Ms. Mashinini is an okay-ish teacher. She's 5'8, with black long hair, melanin skin colour, she has beautiful curves and black eyes. Although she looks beautiful, she sounded really boring.

This is gonna be a long year, I thought