Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

Botle's Point Of View:

As soon as we reached home, I walked into the house and headed straight to my bedroom because I didn't want to face anyone as yet. I entered the bathroom, I went to the shower and turned the knob, warm water falling from the nozzle. I stripped out of my clothes and went inside the shower.

While taking a shower, my mind drifted off to the time Josh kissed me. Although it was a small kiss on the corner of my lips, a kiss is a kiss. Then my mind went further to when he hurt me. Up until that day, it still hurt the same way it did 2 years ago.

Tears flowed down my eyes as I remembered the depression I went through because of a boy. A typical player that didn't see my worth and now all of a sudden he wanted to be all affectionate to me and all that? No ways.

My tears stopped falling after a while and I left the shower when the water started becoming cold. I wrapped myself in a towel, walked out of the bathroom and went to my wardrobe. I took out a random piece of sweatshirt and basketball shorts and wore them.

I walked up to my bed, peeled the covers off, laid on the bed and put the covers on myself. As I tried to fall asleep, my phone rang beside me. I checked the caller id and it read  "Danny <3."

I have been so caught up with my thoughts of Joshua that I even forgot about Dan. I am truly a terrible friend, I need to be punished, hmm.

Answering, I said: "hello."

"Hey baby girl, how are you doing?" He replied with his gruff voice.

"I'm fine, you?"

"Fine? Just fine? Baby, you know that I know you very well because when you say you're fine, you're actually not," he stated.

"Okay okay, fine. I'm doing okay," I said.

"That's even worse than fine," he whined. If I wasn't so bummed out, I probably would've laughed.

"Oh well," I carelessly replied.

This dude reads me like an open book and, let's be honest, sometimes it would be annoying. Like right now.

"Come on baby, tell me what's going on?" He gently asked.

"Nothing. I just had a long day at school today. That's all," I explained. Hopefully he changes the subject, I thought

"Okay fine. And why don't you ask me how my day was? Huh, humanity has left forever," He said so dramatically that it made me laugh extremely loud. Thank God, he changed it.

"Ah, there's the laugh I've been looking for. You know I don't like it when you're down hey," he said and I could practically hear the smile in his voice.

"Yeah, thanks for the laugh. I really needed that, hey," I said, gratefully.

"No problem babe. You know you can speak to me whenever something is wrong, right?" He asked. He could be such a sweetheart, at times. Okay well, most times. He somehow always knew what to say to make me feel better, even though he was a little annoying sometimes.