{one}

-/- 002 

<> chapter one/filler <> 

                    .THIRD PERSON.

Sunrise bled into the room, turning the oak wood walls a lighter brown. The just-risen sun shone softly on the blowing trees, bringing with it a flurry of early-morning activity.  Sleeping peacefully in her bed, Ariel was cradling a pillow to her chest. The sun was beaming through the glass window, causing the woman to stir. Usually, waking up was a simple task for Ariel; she was a morning person after all. She groaned when the first beam of sunlight hit her face. Picking up her alarm clock on her nightstand, Ariel looked across at her now smiling girlfriend. "Ugh, why is it so early?" She placed her clock back on the surface and slowly began to sit up. 

"It's only 8pm love" Ariel sighed, throwing the duvet off her legs, stretching as she stepped up away from the mattress."Maggie said to meet everyone downstairs at 8:30" the taller woman recollected. "okay okay, I'll get ready and come down" Billies lover spoke in a calm, yet hurried tone. "I'll see you downstairs beautiful" Billie called out to her girlfriend who was now pulling clothes from her tightly packed rucksack. 

--

                              .ARIEL.

I complete my routine and throw on some clothes, the weather was hot and the breeze felt nonexistent. The suns rays penetrated all corners of the lake house, leaving no place untouched. 

 I sauntered toward the sound of crashing water, the twinkling dance of a shoal made my feet tickle, the sand of the lake beneath my feet chilled as the grains  molded together under the weight of each determined step.  the reflective surface of the lake glistened with every small wave of water created, lazily mimicking the morning sky as if it were swaying to a gentle serenade. 

"Later on we're setting up a fire beside the lake house, just be here for 6pm" Finneas chuckled, sucking in a small breath. "A fire? Next to a massive structure of wood? good call" Claudia seemed to roll her eyes, muttering something I can't quite make out "it'll be fine you idiot" she playfully hits him on the back of the head as they skip away indoors

"come on love, they're setting up some games" Billie encouraged me inside, reaching out for my hand. I shake off my feet and interlock our fingers. As we walked I looked up to her side profile, everything about her beauty was so ethereal. "stop staring and go dry off your feet" I roll my eyes, blushing from slight embarrassment. 

After drying off my feet, I pull on some socks and jump down the stairs, skipping two steps each time. "Lord who summoned the elephant?" Billie joked, pulling me onto her lap, my back hitting her chest. "Do you know how to play blackjack baby?" Billie soothed, as if she were talking to a younger child. "I don't think so, I'll sit and watch then I'll play once I've got the hang of it" Billie nods, dealing out the cards. 

They play a few times, Finneas winning all of those times. "You cheated" Claudia protested, throwing down her hands. "I'm with Claudia, there's no way you won every single time" Finneas spread his cards out in his hand, fanning himself "what can I say? I'm just amazing" Maggie lets out a not so sure hum, patrick shaking his head. 

This moment seemed too perfect, everyone was smiling and laughing and I wanted to savour as much of this as possible before It ended. That made something tick in my mind. I never wanted this to end but I knew that it eventually would.