Interlude: An Apple a Day

Wow... I am so happy. another update in such a stupid short time. Also a guest appearance <3

This world.. this Au had long been abandoned, its meaning to be the resting place of the tree of feelings and its Guardian Nim.

Instead in a moment of weakness Nim failed, and then created new Guardians.

It wasn't the best thought, or the best idea.

Yet the spirits was extremely hurt and tired, and no longer wanted this duty.

There children, and they certainly thought the twins as there children were beautiful and perfect.

The yin to the yang of each other, balancing and representing what they were Guardians to. It was there mother, even though technically Nim did not have a gender nor did the tree.

They made Nim so proud.

Nim was a failure of a being.

As they rested within the tree, humans led astray her little star and tormented her little moon, all of it twisted and turned till her moon fled allowing such a horrible being to take his form.

Them Nim was dead, there soul only able to watch as her Star fought against a false moon.

They screamed, but no one could hear the dead.

Time ticked by as an AU died, there star fleeing once they were able when the stone broke around them.

Then Nim was alone and stuck, the inhabitants either long dead or fled.

Yet they hoped there midnight children were happier wherever they were, that they learned that it wasn't there fault everything ended. It was Nims, for it was never there job to pass a Guardianship on.

They treasured every visit from there children, even rare one from there new Blue moon.

"You have many regrets don't you?" a child's voice asked quietly, Nims soul turned started to see a strange monster by the remains of the tree.

"Who are you?" Nim asked, sadly knowing they would be unable to see or hear them.

Remarkable eye lights behind golden shades looked up from under a hood, a face too young.

Yet.. Nim could feel traces of there own power?

Yet Not?

As far as Nim knew, neither there Moon nor Star had yet to have there own seedlings.

"You may call me Traveller," the child said kneeling down by the trunk, a gloved hand touched the damaged bark and Nim felt a shiver go down a nonexistent spine.

"You... can hear me!" Nim said in shock.

"See and hear, not that it matters much. Your Nightmare needs you," Traveller told him.

"I can't leave, I tried," Nim admitted slumping.

"Don't worry, I have something for you. A gift," Traveller said holding out a hand.

Nim gasped and took what the child held, how he could even interact with it was shocking.

"Your... not really a child are you?" Nim asked, looking at the perfectly formed apple in there hands looking as if it was made of fog.

"Good luck alternate grandmother," Traveller said with a grin "Its your choice to eat it or not" then they were gone.

Nim looked at the apple, filled with power he didn't understand.

This.. could go so badly.

CRUNCH