Chapter 3: Settling In

TW: swearing, indirect mentions of trauma, alchohol, poison, people getting poisoned, yelling, suggested indirect mention of throwing up

~Alex's POV~

I yawned, awaking up to bright sunlight for the third night in a row. Except it was different this time, unblocked and directly on me. I yawned again, sat up, and stretched.

I looked around, getting out of my sleeping bag. Most comfortable sleep I've had in at least two days, even if it was in a treehouse, and in a sleeping bag. I walked over to a table and slipped my black-and-white comfy pants on. I picked up my lavender T-shirt with a gap in the back and a pocket over my heart, putting it on over my head. I turned the face the sunrise and smiled. The sunset was my favourite part of the day, but this came in a close second.

I turned back to the table and slipped my black-and-white hoodie on, smiling as it fit perfectly to my features and covered all my countless scars. I combed my hair with the little homemade dark oak hairbrush that was left out on the table, struggling with my long, thick black and white hair.

"I swear to the higher-ups, if my stupid fucking hair doesn't get brushed already I'm gonna murder someone," I muttered, whacking myself in the head with the little comb for the third time. Shoving the dark oak hairtool in the table's top drawer, I grabbed an actual hairbrush and started brushing my mess of hair. Somehow the tips had stayed dyed lavender for multiple nights now, and I didn't think it was going to get out.

I finished brushing my hair finally, and slipped it into a loose ponytail with a bluish-purple hair elastic. I tossed my ponytail over my shoulder, onto my back, and smiled. "Finally ready for the day," I murmured to myself, feeling the scars on my hands and face. They didn't matter. In my opinion, most of my scars just made me look more badass. Except for the ones where I stabbed myself with a pencil by accident.

Those ones did not look badass.

"Good morning," Clover's voice sounded softly from behind me, accompanied by a quiet yawn. I turned to face her with a smile, admiring how pretty it looked. I'm not jealous, I know I look fuckin' badass and hot. She had a few scars scattered over its lithe body, but they didn't make a difference to how amazing she looked. With stone gray leggings, a white T-shit, and a green sweater draped over her shoulders, it looked similar to everyone else, but better. Very trendy, too. But she wasn't like everyone else in trends, it fit it perfectly and looked as if she knew it.

"You look nice," we both said at the same time, causing both of us to laugh. "Thanks," I replied, you too." I smiled at her.

"Thank you," she responded, a faint pink tint dotted on its cheeks, along with her freckles. It turned away quickly, so I couldn't be sure if she was blushing or not. It had already asked me not to invade her thoughts, so I respected its privacy and didn't check.

"Uhh... wanna go check on the oth-" I started talking, only to be interrupted by Squidney.

"Good morning, you two!" she called, walking out of her "room" fully dressed and with a knowing smile. "How did you sleep?"

"Very well, thank you," I replied politely, while Clover started to respond and was promptly interrupted by a yawn.

"I also slept well, I just haven't completely w-woken up yet," she responded kindly. She blinked her hazel eyes at Squidney's dark brown ones. "Should we go to the others o-or-?"

"Sure!" Squidney smiled at Clover and me, gesturing at us to follow her down her ladder into her eating area. I glided down from the balcony and down to them instead, unable to fit my wings through the small space.