1.4: Mate?

After the class, Emma stood up from her seat and went on her way out but she was stopped by a cold hand holding her own

 After the class, Emma stood up from her seat and went on her way out but she was stopped by a cold hand holding her own. "Hey." that was all Edward could say.

"Uh hi?" Emma said looking at him weirdly because she didn't hate his cold touch.

"My name's Edward Cullen." He said with a dazed look.

Without the bloodlust and frustration about not being able to read her mind, he saw her. And he doesn't know if it's a good thing or bad. All he knew is that he likes the strange feeling of his hand on hers, the hypnotizing feeling of their eyes meeting each other, the scent she possessed. Jasper said she smelled like a normal human. But for Edward she smelled like the forest after the rain, cherries, vanilla, some kind of sweet smelling drink and roses. He didn't know why or how but her smell is intoxicating.

Mate

His mate. The one he's been waiting for all his immortal life. This beautiful girl with red hair and stormy grey eyes is his mate.

"And mine is Emma Weasley. Nice to meet you Edward." She smiled at him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Edward said as he kissed the back of her hands without breaking their eye contact.

"The pleasure is all mine."

Their gaze landed on their hands. She blushed and let go quickly remembering Draco.

He swore his heart skipped a beat. They let go of each other's hands and suddenly missed the electrifying feeling they felt. The electricity lingered on the palm of their hands but they shrugged it off.

"Thank you for the candy. It's really good." He said as they walk together to their last class for the day which is Music.

"Don't worry Edward. I got you." She said handing him five more candies. "Consider this as a bribe because I think I want to be your friend."

He chuckled as he looked at the girl with amusement. "I think I want to be your friend too."

They chatted away while exchanging small jokes as they walk together, not minding the stares of jealousy and shock from the other students. At their music class, they were goofing around with the piano since the teacher gave them this time to use their imagination in playing tunes.

For the first time since he turned, Edward saw his immortality as a gift and not a curse.

For the first time since her Mother died, and besides from Draco/her family, Emma was able to be genuinely happy.

As they were heading out to the parking lot, they began to talk about their vehicles.

" Pontiac Grand Prix GXP are very dangerous contraptions." He said with furrowed brows

"Talking about playing safe, you Volvo driver." She taunted.

"Is that supposed to be an insult?" He said with raised "Nope. It's not insulting if you'd rather chose a safe vehicle than a cool and very fast vehicle." She said snidely.

"You like fast vehicles then?"

"Yes."

"And you think I don't?"

"Another yes."

"That's where you're wrong darling."

Emma shoved him lightly while they continue their little banter while laughing. After Emma reached her vehicle , she gave Edward one last wave then she meets Draco at her car and he kisses her while glaring at Edward.

"You have been awfully close with her." Rosalie said as she appeared just right beside Edward with Emmett, Jasper and Alice.

"She isn't bad at all Rose." Alice said. "Besides she did save Edward from exposing himself."

"She's a human, Alice."

Even I am not sure about that. Edward heard Alice thought.

"What do you mean Alice?" He asked his adoptive sister.

"She's... Very difficult to see. Everytime I try to look into her future, all I could see are different colored lights and people screaming. It's too dark."

"Oh great. She's a freak." Rosalie said with fake
enthusiasm.

"She's my mate!" Edward snarled at her. "Say anything against her again and I promise you will regret it."

Jasper and Emmett tried to keep Rosalie and Edward away from each other to make sure they won't attack, especially not in the middle of the school parking lot. Edward got inside his car and drove away.

"I told you we'd need the jeep." Alice said in a sing song voice to defuse the tension.

Emmett and Jasper exchanged glance. The latter smirked victoriously while the former grumbled. Jasper did finish the lollipop and he hadn't puked it out so he initially won their bet.

As Emma and Draco arrived home, she contemplated. The Gryffindor in her wants to confront the vampires. Her inner Hufflepuff wanted to help them because according to Maggie there are some covens with golden eyes that choose to change their diet. But then after being almost sorted into Ravenclaw, she figured she needed to know more before making her move in order to avoid unnecessary troubles. So for now, she'll observe and wait. But one thing was still stucked in her mind, so she turned to Draco and asked 

"How can he have this effect on me, Edward Cullen?" 

Draco shurgged and kissed her "As long as he doesn't take you from me."

Emma laughed and pulled him onto the bed still while kissing.