Chapter 1: Alone

Part 1: Daisy

Introvert

in.tro.vert | \ˈin-trə-ˌvərt\

Noun

: a typically reserved or quiet person who tends to be introspective and enjoys spending time alone

           In a world of serenity, there He placed me and set me free. It is plain and simple, but more than the sum of its parts−grass is just grass, trees are just trees, flowers are just flowers, the sun is just a beam of light, but when put together everything's magic. I, an introvert, am all alone, walking along the meadows, enjoying the zephyr brush against my face. Varieties of blossoms dance to the music of nature but nothing seems to catch my attention except one−I find myself a daisy, simple and raw. The longer I stare at it, the more I see someone in its reflection. I can see myself. That daisy, that plain timid petal-filled face, that's me. It's all alone in this meadow too! The comfort it brings tells me to stay where I am. I know I can wander in this paradise alone, for I am otherwise. I am with this daisy. I am with myself.

          Fall and winter swiftly pass and all I had was my daisy. No wonder the cold weather did me no good. I decide to stand up and continue my journey. I'm content with myself, but maybe there's so much more to explore. Growth awaits. I could use some company. Now that I've found myself in this daisy in my hand, it's time for spring. It's time to look for a friend.