three ♣

"is your brother really a famous actor?" donghyuck asked in surprise. "yeah, here," doyoung pulled out a picture of he and his brother from back when his brother came to surprise him during summer break. "that's so cool!" donghyuck exclaimed. "that's why my plan is to graduate from here as soon as possible so i can become an actor too," doyoung admitted.

   in a matter of four hours, two people can become extremely close. that's exactly what happened to donghyuck and doyoung. after seeing that most of the students were out and there was no way they could sleep with all the excitement going on, they decided to chat in the study. 

   "do you aspire to be like your brother?" donghyuck asked. doyoung paused, "honestly, no. i want to be a singer, but i gave up on that after my mother praised gongmyung hyung for being such a great actor. she said i would be successful if i could be like him."

   the once happy atmosphere of the room died down a bit after hearing the sad truth from the older. "it's okay, i'm sure you'll get there, hyung," donghyuck tried to reassure him. "there you are," a voice was heard from behind donghyuck. "oh my god! you scared me half to d—" a hand was placed over his mouth to quiet him.

   "shush! any teacher could hear us!" the voice hissed in his ear. donghyuck nodded in understanding and quietly apologized once the person removed their hand. he turned in his seat to see mark standing there. jaemin was hoisted on his back and jeno was clinging onto his arm like a baby. "are they d-drunk?" donghyuck asked nervously.

   he risked a glance at doyoung and saw him rolling his eyes. "this is why i never go to those parties," he muttered. mark also rolled his eyes out of annoyance. "can you help me carry them to their rooms?" he asked. donghyuck quickly agreed and stood up from his seat. "it was nice talking to you hyung. i'll see you around," he waved.

   "see you," doyoung showed a gummy smile. "finally a decent junior," doyoung mumbled, feeling a motherly feeling towards the younger male. with that, donghyuck took hold of jeno and basically dragged him to his room. "room 323, this should be it," he stopped in front of the door. "go ahead, open it," mark urged.

   his back ached from carrying jaemin, and he was more than ready to drop him off back at their room. though uneasy, donghyuck pushed the door open carefully. he was surprised to see that the light was already on and there was a boy sitting at a desk, drawing a picture. "um, excuse me," donghyuck called, alerting the other.

   the boy jumped in his seat before turning to meet eyes with donghyuck. "you room with jeno, right?" donghyuck tilted his head to the side. "yeah, i do," he remained seated. can he not see jeno right next to me? donghyuck wondered. he decided to try a different approach, "i'm donghyuck." he waited for a good minute of silence until the other boy finally spoke. "i'm renjun."

   "great, now that we're past formalities, can you help take jeno to his bed. my fr— roommate is waiting outside," he tried to say as politely as possible. "oh, sure," renjun jumped up as if it was no problem at all. "he's a little drunk so be careful," donghyuck warned after he had already passed jeno to him. 

   the chinese nodded and signaled that it was okay if donghyuck left. donghyuck breathed a sigh of relief as he closed the door behind him. "could you have taken any longer? my back feels like it's about to break," mark groaned. "hey, i was trying my best," donghyuck couldn't even hide how annoyed his was back.

   he was sleepy, his first day of classes started in a few hours, his only friends were drunk, mark was kind of being an ass, and all he wanted to do was collapse on his mattress and get as much sleep as he could. 

   without another word, he helped mark place jaemin on his bed and sighed in relief. the older was staring at him as if he was looking for something. the feeling was uncomfortable, so he tried to leave. "i'm going to get changed," he pulled out some pajamas from his suitcase and rushed to the bathroom.