six ♣

"someone looks tired," jaemin smiled, passing donghyuck a can of coke. "i am," donghyuck replied honestly, receiving the soda and popping open the lid before the fizzy drink was being downed quickly.

   "how was your first official day?" jaemin asked, leading them along the busy school hallways. "exhausting— you know what? i should probably go back to the dorms and organize my notes. i was in a hurry to write everything down so it's all messy now," donghyuck said thoughtfully. the younger laughed, "that's so unnecessary. who cares if your notes are messy?"

   "i do," donghyuck mumbled quietly with a small frown on his face, well aware that jaemin couldn't hear it. 

   the younger hummed happily to himself, hooking his arms with donghyuck's. "where are we going?" donghyuck questioned, realizing that they were now outside. "jeno is finally trying out for the basketball team," jaemin explained. "i know he'll make it," he added, "he's been asked to come year after year, but he decided that he actually wanted to join this year."

   donghyuck nodded, trying to keep up with the increasing pace of jaemin. "what club is mark in?" he recalled the morning and how mark indeed came to class late with slightly damp hair. the brunette stared at him in shock before shaking his head, "i kind of keep forgetting you're new here."

   they made a turn and headed towards the direction of the after school activities. "mark's in the basketball team. he's the captain actually, and our school's pride." "oh," donghyuck remarked, digesting the new information.

   "do you plan on joining any clubs?" jaemin asked as they approached the gymnasium. the sun kissed male shrugged his shoulders, "i don't know yet. what clubs are there?" "there are a ton," jaemin brought them inside where the sound of basketballs hitting the floor echoed all around them, "i can take you around to look at them later but you only have until the end of the week to decide."

   the older opened his mouth to speak when a new voice interrupted him. "hey guys," jeno beamed, eyes disappearing and forming crescents in its place. "look at you!" jaemin gave jeno a quick hug, "you're already wearing the uniform."

   jeno rubbed the back of his neck, "you were right. the second i walked in the gym, they threw the uniform at me and told me to line up for warm-ups." jaemin wore a proud smile on his face which donghyuck felt himself matching.

   a voice called for jeno, and he lifted a hand to wave, "i gotta get back to practice. you guys staying?" jaemin looked at donghyuck who didn't protest. "we'll stay for a while, then i'll take donghyuck to see some of the other clubs."

   "sounds good."

   jeno gave one last smile before running off to join the rest of his teammates. meanwhile, jaemin lead donghyuck to the bleachers, and they took a seat, watching the team practice.

   "everyone line up!" donghyuck heard someone shout. he followed the voice and was surprised to see that it came from mark. jaemin literally just said that he's the captain, he chided himself. 

   he watched as the team of thirteen players followed mark's orders. "we're going to start drills. i want five laps around as warm up—jeno, you can lead today—and then our usual ten sets of a hundred for dribbling. go ahead and get started while i talk to coach about the dates for our next match."

   once again, everyone listened to mark without interjecting, and they began running laps around the gym. donghyuck watched jeno with a sense of pride for a while before his eyes went to search for a certain canadian.

   he found mark standing by the side while talking to a teacher who donghyuck assumed was also the basketball coach. donghyuck found that he was admiring the short-sleeved shirt and basketball shorts that mark had on which suited him quite well.