As It Was

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

XX:XX ━━━━⬤─────── XX:XX

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

"(Y/N)? Where are you?" Called your mother throughout the house. "It's almost time for your bath," she wandered around the house calling out your name.

'Oh course, she's hiding', she thought as she searched. She checked the kitchen, living room, attic, but no luck, looking through cupboards, drawers, and cabinets.

"Where could you be..." She muttered. 'Probably her room', she thought.

"(Y/N)? Come on sweetie, you need your bath. It's not that bad, just a little wash wouldn't hurt you," she rambled on as she made her way to your room.

"I know, I know, 'mom my wings will get wet'. Honey, that's what a bath has to do."

As she opened the door to your room, first thing she noticed was the flowing curtains of your open window.

"(Y/N)!?" In an instant she ran out the door with her coat in her arms. If there's one thing that keeps you from being taken by enforcers is that you aren't allowed to go outside in fear that your wings will be revealed.

.-.

A small bird was cupped in your hands. All morning you heard the cries of a bird far down the streets.

Sitting down on the curb, you observed the small bird in your hands.

"Hello... where's your momma?" The bird remained quiet. Of course you weren't expecting an answer but you were curious to why the small bird was crying for help.

Standing from the curb you looked up to observe the tall colorful buildings around you.

There was a nest that seemed like it was raided. "It'll be okay, I promise. I'll take care of you." With that you gave it a small pet on the head.

The wind blew a cold breeze causing you to hold the oversized cloak closer for warmth.

Hearing the sounds of running footsteps you heard your mother calling out your name.

"(Y/N)! Where are you?! (Y/N)?!" Moving closer to your mother's panicked cries, there she was, looking around frantically, she looked like a lost child.

"I'm right here," running up to her with the bird cradled in hand. Your mother instantly ran to you and hugged you out of relief.

"I thought I lost you..." Before you know it, she has your face cupped in her hands. Worry and anger tracing her face.

"What were you thinking?! You could've gotten lost, somebody could've hurt you-," while you listened to her scolding the small bird started chirping from your hands.

"Are you hurt anywhere?!-" Your mother stopped her scolding. She watched as you brought the bird up to her, giving her a better look.

"Can we take care of him, please. I promise I won't sneak out again."

"Let's go home," with that she lead you back home.