Will This Last

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

XX:XX ━━━━⬤─────── XX:XX

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Mortimer was perched onto your shoulder, ever since you were given the violin you've practiced non-stop.

In just a short amount of time you were able to go up and down the practice scales.

You weren't really sure if you wanted to try playing a few tunes but for now you practiced.

"(Y/N), would you come here dearie", called your mother.

Placing your violin down, Mortimer flew out of your room and to the living room where your mother was placing on her shoes.

Your mother was up and waiting with your cloak in hand.

"Hurry, we must go stop by the market for tonight's dinner", she said as she watched you buckle your shoes.

She draped your cloak around you and secured it in place to keep your wings hidden properly.

"C'mon Mortimer", you called out to your companion. He flew onto your shoulder and clung on.

"Remember (Y/N), stay close at all times", your mother reminded.

"I know"

.-.

The market was a bit crowded but you managed to stick by your mother's side.

It was a sunny day but slightly chilly. You held the basket for your mother as she held your hand.

Every now and then you would look up and see an airship pass by.

Sometimes, there would be a moment when your back would ache heavily. It wasn't aching in pain, more like craving to touch the sky.

But of course, your parents being protective wouldn't allow such.

You were confused, if you think about it, there were many other species that weren't fully human. So how were you any different?

"(Y/N)? Are you listening?", snapping out of your thoughts you looked towards your mother.

In her hand held a small list. "I was asking if you would you like to go stop by the bakery and pick up some loaves?"

"Oh, umm sure. I'll go", with that she gave you some money and went to the few nearby stands.

The bakery was only across the market, with a steady pace you made your way pass the small crowd.

"Mortimer", you got a chirp in response. "Could you wait outside for me, I'll be back real quick".

Mortimer flew on top of the bakery's sign.

Entering, you were greeted by the pleasant smell of bread and pastries.

The Baker man noticed you and greeted, "well, if it isn't the daughter of the (L/N) family".