Chapter 27

Baekhyun faced Chanyeol with a heavy heart. Seeing him makes him want to turn his back and breakdown. He didn't want to hurt him. He didn't want to end what they had both started. It's difficult for him. He loves Chanyeol very much, and there's no doubt to that. But the people around him was condemning what they had. Fate made them believe that they're meant to be, but doom made him think otherwise. It hurts so much. He just can't. He didn't want to let out the words he wanted to say. He didn't want to see the giant's face crying and as much as he can, he didn't want to cry in front of him. This is going to be hard. His knees were trembling and he knew that at any moment, he'll give in. But he knew he have to do this first before that'll happen.

"I'm sorry, Chanyeol," Baekhyun said, trying to surpress his voice in shaking. Trying not to falter . Trying not breakdown. Trying to act strong.

He had given up already, he can't take the hurt anymore. He can't take the burden. He can't take an everyday with Chanyeol with bothers and worries. "This has to stop."

Chanyeol stifled a fake laugh. "What do you mean stop?" He knew what Baekhyun had meant but he had to pretend he didn't know. In his mind, in his heart. He knew what would come up next and he didn't want that to happen. He wished that what he expected was wrong.

"We need to stop..." Baekhyun paused and internally inhaled a whole lot of breath to keep him from going. Eyes were already glistening from the tears that's threatening to fall. For a moment, he thought he couldn't talk anymore, with the big lump on his throat, it was preventing him to say it. But he had to. "Us," he finally said.

"I don't understand?" Chanyeol shakily uttered, confusion and sadness in his voice. Why do they need to stop? He thought they were strong. He thought they're already done with this. He thought they were in love. And he thought, together, they were already enough. But what's this in front of him?

Baekhyun stayed quiet. He didn't want to say anything. He knew his voice will shake if he tries to. He knew he'll breakdown when he opens his mouth to even speak. He knew he'll give in but he had already decided. They have to end this.

"Say something, Baekhyun," Chanyeol plead for a reason. He wanted a reason that he could accept. He wanted to understand what's the matter. He just didn't want to end this without a reason.

Baekhyun looked down and shook his head. He surpressed his tears to fall but no matter how much he tried to, it fell. He wiped it with his hand and looked back up at Chanyeol. Eye to eye. Tears to tears. He wanted to say a lot but looking at Chanyeol's sad eyes made him want to just run away and hide somewhere. "I'm sorry," was all Baekhyun had said, "It wasn't... enough." His voice failed him and faltered, the tears continuing to fall already as he gave in.

Chanyeol shook his head, "No. No. No, don't do this." He loves Baekhyun so much. He didn't want it to end like this. He wanted them to be together. They we're in love, he knew. Why wasn't it enough? "You're not doing this. Please don't give up on us." He didn't understand why. He don't even know why. Why do they need to give up? Why do they need to end this? They were happy. Why do they still need to experience sadness and burden.

The pain in their hearts were more excruciating than a knife plucked into it. Baekhyun could already feel that he would ran out of breath anytime soon. His tears were unstoppable as it continued to flow down to his cheeks. He didn't mind to wipe them off. What's the point, anyway? It hurts to leave someone you love. It hurts to end something you want to continue. It hurts to break someone's heart which you knew belongs to yours. It hurts to let go of someone you wanted to stay.

Chanyeol held Baekhyun's hand tightly, he never wanted to let go. He didn't want to. He didn't want to leave. He didn't want to. He loves him and he's willing to do everything for him. He's willing to suffer for him. He's willing to experience death as long as it's for him. Baekhyun's slender and majestic hands were one of the reasons he didn't want to let go. He want to hold onto it forever. It wasn't just his hands but everything about him. He fell for Baekhyun's everything and he, himself. That's why it pains so much. He cupped his cheeks as he wiped the tears that were falling. "I know it hurts to face people's critics and judgements. It hurts to face the burden everyday. But I'm here, Baekhyun. I'm always here."