"Im so scared"

Dear Diary,

Bruce's parent are dead. Someone killed them. Bruce saw it all. He seemed so...numb when he came down to stay the night with the age range for boys.

I'll fucking kill the person who did this. Whoever made him feel this way, I'll fucking kill them.

No one knows about my crush on Bruce though. I just the kid didn't say anything. Which I guess is good but I feel terrible for Bruce.

He hasn't cried since he's been here with the other boys. He just sits on his bed and stares at the wall. He doesn't talk. He hasn't eaten either, not that we really get much to eat with there being so many of us, but still.

I want to comfort him. I wanna hug him and tell him it's gonna be alright.

But here at the orphanage no one really ever knows if it's actually gonna be alright.

Edward set his pen down and looked over at Bruce, he was asleep. All the other boys were outside or taking showers. But Bruce never went outside. He just slept.

Ed was worried about him. He never ate. He never went outside. He didn't talk. Barely got up from his bed.

He seemed, broken.

Bruce, at the ripe age of 10 years old, had never looked worse. He had bags under his sunken in eyes, he was pale (worse then from when he and Edward had met), his hair was all messed up.

He look so unkempt. For a moment Edward could believe that Bruce was one of them all along. If he hadn't met Bruce prior to the events he would believe that he was just another orphan who came from a poor family.

Edward shook his head. He wished he could help.

I want to help. I really do, but I'm afraid to even get near him after what was found out about me.

I want to hug him and show that I care, since no one else will.

But I'm scared.

I'm so scared.

He must be too. Poor guy. I wanna help so badly. Wanna hug him and cry with him. I wanna make him feel better. I know it's killing him. I wish I could make him just feel okay.

I wanna confess as well but now isn't the time. He's got enough problems.

Maybe I'll start leaving him love notes or something! But they have to be anonymous.

I'll figure it out.

?

- sincerely, Edward N. ?