Dazai's birthday special

ITS DAZAIS BIRTHDAY SO THATS COOL ⁉ new angst chapter coming soon. it was supposed to come as todays chapter but i realized it was his birthday and had to do this first.

soukoku because we live for that here. also ranpoe because they literally are my life

full length chapter or short? idk but its here👍 this was originally supposed to be fluff but my angst craving said no

far from canon, he'd probably rub it in everyones face that it's his birthday

TW

panic attack
blood
sh mention
bad parenting (its mori, ofc its bad)
m*ri (we hate him 🎊)

3rd person POV:

Dazai's alarm blared in his ears, signaling the start of another long day. He decided to actually get to work on time today, so he turned off the alarn and sat up. He walked to the bathroom and took a quick shower. As he exited he brushed his teeth and got dressed. He walked into his kitchen and brewed himself a cup of coffee.

As it brewed, he went to the calendar and crossed off the previous day. June 18th was long gonr and now it was the 19th. For some odd reason, he felt as if some time long in the past, that day had been brought up as special. He also remembered a phrase people at the agency had been telling him this day, every year. He shrugged it off as a thing humans do on this day in which he did not feel interested in taking part in.

His coffee finished and he poured it into a mug, drinking it quickly on his couch. As he drank, he went on his phone and scrolled through social media. He perked up at the post about someone saying it was their mom's birthday a few days prior. Dazai couldn't put his finger on why the term 'birthday' seemed so familiar. His brows furrowed as he thought long and hard. It was a human tradition, right?

He accepted the fate of never figuring it out, completely forgetting google existed. The coffee in his cup quickly drained and put away his phone. He glanced at the time and realized he'd better get going right about now, so he carelessly tossed his mug in the sink and headed out the door.

......

Everyone at the agency arrived especially early today. All except for Dazai, and they'd like to keep it that way. Usually, Kunikida gets on Dazai's tail for always being late, but today his lazy nature is coming in handy.

Today, June 19th, marks Dazai's birthday, and the agency wants to throw him a surprise party. Since he's usually late, they get to set up more and be done quicker later. Obviously someone will still have to distract him when he does decide to show up, but this gives them more time.

As everyone rushed around; decorating, cooking, and inviting, Atsushi glanced out the window to see none other than Dazai walking walking down the street and towards the building. "Wah!" Atsushi cried. "Dazai's coming!" He alarmed the group. "Fuck! Atsushi, you are gonna be out distraction! Out of all the days to be on time.." Kunikida yelled, grumbling the last part to himself.

"Yes, Kunikida-san! Take care and goouck everyone!" Atsushi called as he sprinted towards the door and out the office. He ran out just in time to almost collide with Dazai. "Oh, hi Atsushi-kun. Look at me, being on time!" Dazai pointed out his accomplishment. "A-ah! That's lovely, Dazai-san! Y'know, there's no work to be done today, so why don't you join me in the park!" Atsushi stuttered an excuse.

"No work?" Dazai asks with a smile. "Sounds like heaven! Let's get going then, shall we?" he calls, grabbing Atsushi's arm and running to park. "H-hey!" Atsushi helplessly hollered and Dazai dragged him along.

......

Chuuya and his friends finally got their deserved day off, (sorry its always his day off in these, he's not one to carelessly skip work, I reckon) although he couldn't enjoy it drinking alone as he planned. Today was the shitty Dazai's birthday, which meant the agency wa splanning a party and invited himself, Higuchi, Tachihara, Gin, and Agutagawa.