ⅠⅠ

what exactly Johnny has in store for you in order for you to pay off this debt.

The whole ride over your heart races in your chest, your hands having not stopped fiddling with each other in your lap. You eyes frantically take in the scenery around you, committing the route to memory least something were to happen and you get abandoned somewhere in the middle of buttfuck nowhere.

You practically breathe a sigh of relief when you turn upon a long, gravel driveway leading up to a large, private estate.

As soon as you arrive to the mansion, your breath gets stolen away. You didn't even know an estate such as this one existed so close to the city. The only trouble is, the diver makes you wait outside until Johnny makes an appearance.

A shiver races down your spine at the cool night air.

Not even ten minutes later, a second car is pulling up the ridiculously long driveway, headlight piercing through the darkness as it comes to stop right beside you. You have to jump back a bit in order for the door not to hit you once it's flung open.

"Why aren't you inside?" The question is directed to the man who had driven you here.

"You said to wait until you got here-"

"Inside," Johnny sighs, slamming the door shut a little too harshly. "I told you to wait inside."

Shrugging off his jacket, he goes to wrap it around your shoulders, but you shrug him off. At his calculating look, you begin to walk behind the driver and to the front door, but not before turning to glance at him from over your shoulder.

"I don't want to have to owe you any more than I already should," your tone is blunt, and you turn around just in time to miss the way his fist clenches a little tighter on his jacket.

Letting out a breath through his nose, Johnny is quick to recover. Tossing his jacket over his shoulder, he needs only take a few light steps and he's already reached your side, hand already finding purchase on your lower back once more. You jolt at his touch, only causing him to frown.

Stepping inside the mansion, you attempt to hide your wonder filled gaze as you take in the architecture. You've only ever dreamed of living someplace so grand, that you find it hard to believe that you'll be kept prisoner here. Hopefully there's no secret torture dungeon in the basement.

"Come." Not an offer, but a command. "I'll show you to your room."

A frown tugs at your features as you watch Johnny begin to make his way over to one of the two grand staircases lining either side of the grand foyer.

"Almost seems as if you were expecting me," you mutter, reluctantly following behind.

Johnny says nothing as you ascend the stairs, and your suspicion only grows once he opens the door to a massive room already cleaned and furnished to the utmost care.

"I'm always close by if you need anything," he says, motioning to the door across from yours with his head. At the way you apathetically look at him, he's quick to narrow his own eyes, "don't get any ideas."

"What?" You huff. "You really think that I'll sneak into your room in the middle of the night? To what? Kill you?" You roll your eyes, grasping the edge of your door in your hand tightly as you prepare to close it. "I'm not a murderer."

With that, you slam the door in his face.

The next morning, you're awoken by whom you can only assume is one of Johnny's maids. You grumble incoherently as you get out of bed, irritated that what little sleep you had been starting to get got interrupted.

"Good morning, Miss," she greets you. "I've been instructed to get you ready for breakfast with Master Suh. You are to discuss your terms of service with him effective immediately."

You blink at her until it all comes rushing back to you. Minju. Your shop. The debt. Fuck.

Tossing the covers off of yourself, you follow her to the attached ensuite to freshen up. She protests as you practically force her out of the bathroom, but there's no way in hell you're letting someone else help you bathe. You can do that just fine on your own.

"Look, uh..." you pause, not knowing how to address her.

"Justine," she supplies, and your lips quirk slightly upwards.

"Justine," you attempt an actual smile, "I can wash up and everything by myself. Though I don't suppose you could wash my clothes in twenty minutes, could you?"

She looks a bit appalled by your statement, "you have a closet full of clothes at your convenience, I'm certain you wouldn't need to wash all of them in twenty minutes."

You blink at her in disbelief, causing her to only tilt her head at you curiously. With a nod of her head, she motions for you to follow her to the closet. Sure enough, as soon as you open the door, you're greeted with the sight of both extravagant and casual clothes, all ranging in style and colour. There's a variety in different sizes to suit your taste and comfort, too.

"Okay..." you trail off, taking note of the clothes once more before grabbing hold of the first few items you see that look comfortable enough to wear. At the worried look Justine shoots you, you opt for a nicer shirt out of the collection. There seems to be an unspoken rule about looking more 'presentable' in the house, for she breathes a sigh of slight relief when you do.

"I will wait here until you're done and escort you to the dining room," she tells you as you reenter the bathroom, only offering her a nod of understanding in return.

Once the door is closed, you're quick to flick the lock into place. Turning on the water to the shower, you wait for it to become the appropriate temperature before stepping in. As the water runs over your body, you think over all of your options and what you know so far.

One: Minju made a deal with this Johnny Suh in order to get your business up and running. This deal ended with her in a massive amount of debt, which he has now subsequently come to collect on.

Two: instead of leaving Minju to deal with the consequences, you took her place. The last thing you want is for her to come to harm from her well-intended mistake. You know she's probably already beating herself up from the guilt and grief of this incident, so you're glad you could at least ease some of the burden off of her shoulders. As long as you cooperate, she should be safe.

Three: you have no idea what Johnny will make you do in order to pay off your debt, but after you left the shop, he didn't seem all too worried about getting the money back immediately. Plus, you haven't been thrown in some abandoned lot just to be beaten or killed, or much worse. Just what is he playing at?

___________________________________________________________________

1 172 words