Announcements and Betrayal

5th November

It's been now three weeks since the meet up of Lin and Pippa and Pippa finally decided to tell the rest of the cast about her pregnancy since she was already about 3 months along and started to show it a bit. At least she decided to tell them that she was expecting, she wouldn't tell them about what had happened between Lin and her. Jasmine and Renée were the only people who knew about the whole truth yet.

They were all in the rehearsing room, ready to go through some songs as Pippa stepped forward and got the attention of everyone. "Hey everyone, I just wanted to tell you all something real quick, before we go into rehearsals. I'm sure I won't be able to hide it anymore soon, so I wanted to let you know that I'm pregnant with twins." Suddenly everyone went to Pippa to congratulate and hug her. Everyone but Lin. He stood a little bit apart the crowd, which gathered around Pippa. "Renée and me already claimed to be the godmothers to each baby!" Exclaimed Jasmine, which lead to a lot of laughter of Pippa, since she never agreed on this. "Everyone will be aunts and uncles for the Babies. Don't worry!" Pippa exclaimed then with laughter.

Meanwhile Renée noticed Lin who was standing apart and approached to him. "You really like her, don't you?" She asked in a low tone so nobody could hear her, but Lin. "No! I mean yes. As a friend she means a lot to me." "Are you sure it's just friendship?" "Look Renée. It's complicated. She's got Steven and I've got Vanessa, who's expecting my baby." "And Pippa isn't expecting your babies too?" Renée asked then sarcastically, which led to a very surprised face of Lin. 'How did she know?' He thought to himself. "Don't worry, Pippa told me the truth and I don't judge you two for it, but you need to stop denying what's actually going in between you two. An advice from me." Renée then said before leaving Lins side and joining Pippa and the rest of the cast. Meanwhile Lin left the room and went into his dressing room.

"Uncle Daveed. Sounds good." Daveed nodded along, while Anthony and Jasmine started to debate about the genders and Leslie, Oak and Jonathan started to talk about throwing a Hamilton-Babyparty. In the middle of all stood Pippa who listened and nodded with a smile along. She couldn't stop thinking about how cute these reactions were from the cast, from her second family. She was so grateful to be surrounded by so many people who loved her, one person in particular... where is he? She hasn't seen him since she told everyone about it and it worried her. Renée noticed Pippa was searching for someone so she approached Pippa and whispered: "He's in his dressing room. He needs some time. Don't worry."

This day the cast didn't do any rehearsals before the show, since everyone only talked about Pippa and the Hamilbabies. That's a name which Jasmine invented. As the show started, Pippa hasn't seen Lin yet and she got worried about him. She first saw him, as he walked onstage as Alexander Hamilton and performed the first song. So she turned her thoughts off and got into her role.

After the first act, Pippa went to Lins dressing room because he acted all weird since she announced her pregnancy. "Lin? It's me Pippa." She knocked on the door. Lin opened it and looked at her. Her beautiful brown eyes, her beautiful lips, she was absolutely perfect. He didn't want anything else but to hold her, kiss her and never let her go. But he wasn't ready to say all this to her, since it would've been unfair for Vanessa. "Hey Pips, I don't wanna talk right now, I'm sorry." "Why? What's going on?" Pippa asked worried. "Pippa, please. Renée made me realise some things and I first need to figure them out, before we can talk." Phillipa just nodded understanding and left Lins door.

While Lin's thoughts were spinning around since he talked to Renée. Did he really like Pippa more than a friend? Does she feel the same about him? Is there a possible way for them to be together? Did he still feel something for Vanessa? He never thought he'd see Pippa in a different light but here he was. He was sitting in his dressing room on a chair, asking himself if he actually loved Phillipa Anne Soo. After the intermission was over, he played act two, even though he was saying the words and performed everything correctly, his mind was always with Pippa.

The show was finally finished and Lin got himself into normal clothes and went to the stagedoor, where a lot of fans were already waiting. He of course signed playbills and took a few selfies and then left to the place where Vanessa usually picked him up. Only this time, there was no Vanessa waiting for him. He searched for the car but he didn't find a similar one so he decided to wait. While he waited, his cast members were also coming out of the stage door. Leslie noticed that Lin was still standing there and waited, so he approached him. "Is Vanessa not here yet?" Leslie asked confused since Vanessa was always on time. "I don't know what's going on. I tried to call her and texted her several times but she doesn't answer." Lin said and shrugged with his shoulders. "Should I take you home? Maybe Vanessa fell asleep on the couch." "Yeah, if you don't mind."

And with that, Leslie drove Lin home. During the car ride Leslie began to speak: "I'm still so freaked out about Pippa and the Hamilbabies. I'm so happy for her and Steven." He exclaimed while Lin just answered with a "Sure." "What's the matter?" Leslie immediately noticed there was something wrong with Lin. "Nothing... I'm really happy for Pippa." Lin convinced Leslie that everything was alright. As they arrived infront of Lins house, Lin noticed there were lights on in the living room. So Vanessa was at home and probably fell asleep on the couch.

Lin thanked Leslie for driving him home and then got out of the car. He went to the door, pulled out his keys and opened the entrance door. As soon as he was in the house, he heard noises were coming out of the living room. Vanessa probably left the TV on. So he took off his jacket and put it into the wardrobe and then went to the living room.

But as he entered the living room, he didn't get to see what he has expected to find. There was no Vanessa lying tired on the couch. There was Vanessa, his Vanessa lying on the couch but not sleeping at all and she wasn't alone, as expected. "What's going on here?" Lin asked, as he made himself noticeable in the room. Vanessa and the dude who was lying next to her suddenly turned around. "Oh Lin I-" "I asked what's going on here?" Lin said in a more broken voice, while tears were threatening to run down his cheeks. "David, can you leave?" The guy next to her, immediately got his clothes and left the building as fast as he could. Meanwhile Lin was standing at the entrance of the Living room, starring into emptiness. "Lin, let me explain." Vanessa started to speak while Lin didnt even look at her. "Who was this guy?" He asked and didn't look at Vanessa. "That's David. We met at the gym." Vanessa explained while standing up from the couch and walking slowly towards Lin. "How long is this going?" Lin continued to ask in pure shock. "Don't forget that I love you Lin, please don't forget-" "I asked, HOW LONG?" Lin got a bit louder and now looked at Vanessa. "Five Months." "And what about the Baby? Is it from him?" Never was a silence which filled the room so loud. Nobody said a word until Vanessa brought herself to speak:

"It's his. I'm so sorry Lin, I didn't want this to happen. The Baby was an accident and I hoped you'd never notice." Vanessa now said while tears were running down her face. She took his hand but he pulled it immediately away and backed off. "Where's Sebastian?" "With your parents." An another silence was in the room.

In this very moment, there was no right way to describe Lin's actual feelings. He felt betrayal, relieve, emptiness, sadness, hate but it also proofed him, that he didn't have any good feelings left for Vanessa. "Get out of my house." "No, please. We can fix this, we-" "I said get out!" After that Vanessa didn't hesitate one more second and grabbed the rest of her clothes and left the house without saying an another word.

As soon as she left, Lin collapsed to the floor and started to cry. There truly were no words, which could describe how he really feels.

-----