A New Normal

I carry baby Alvin on my hip

I carry baby Alvin on my hip. He said was a happy bubbling self. True to their word he was released. We were back home Kelly had picked us up before the sun and brought us here on his way to work. I could hear the galloping thunderous footsteps of my daughter chasing after me. She was ecstatic to be back home. Kelly was living here in the spare room, Jay I'm pretty sure he wanted to but won't move in. Don't ask me his a complicated confusing guy.

"Knock knock" I should learn to lock the door during the day people keep walking in. "Uncle Adam" MillieFlorence squealed diverting her attention from me and her brother to the blonde that just walked in. "Thought I would come see you" "oh really so Jay or my dad didn't ask you" "wanted to see how you were" I don't know how but I just knew he was talking about uncle Al. "You had him and all the madness" "I didn't really get to process with all the chaos" I finish I knew he struggled with my uncle Al's passing "I hate myself still I know Meredith hates me to" "I don't think anyone could have convinced him to not do what he did" "dad was on his way and I seriously don't know what's worse dad being locked up again and this potentially happening to him or having this scenario" he just hugs me leaning down and kissing Baby Alvin's head. Said baby babbles smiling at him as he kicks his legs. I pass Adam baby Alvin laughing at how nervous he looks before walking into the kitchen. "We making all the food" MillieFlorence exclaimed smiling showing him all the ingredients that she's lined on the counter. "What are you" "she did this so I guess it's an adventure for all of us" I cut him off smiling "daddy doesn't let me cook he said it's to dangerous" she pouts "clearly I have quiet the experimental kitchen" I joke "you can put him on the counter he likes to touch the ingredients" I tell Adam who looks relived to stop holding my child. "What are you making Flo" "I figure it out" she shrugs "I subtly direct" I whisper to Adam. "We should decide should me make or bake" I ask her as I put on her adorable kids apron. Adam sat on the opposite side of the table just watching. "Bake" she said smiling jumping on me the moment it was tight. "Do you remember to make dough" "egg uh Flour" I line them up on the table as she continues to list. "Now are we going to add anything to make it more than ordinary dough" she rubs her chin thinking making Adam laugh. "Uh berry" "go pick which one" "pink pink" she comes back with strawberries and raspberries "just one" "berry" she passes me the raspberries for some reason we stuck to calling them berry. When she was younger she couldn't say rasp, similar to strawberry only she referred to strawzzz berry didn't exactly get that it was meant to be in one word.

Adam was laughing as MillieFlorence throws the flour. Alvin making hand prints in the flour on the bench "watch out for baby Alvin's hands" I say as she began to roll the pink dough out. I break a bit off giving it baby Alvin. Smiling as he pushes and rolls it in his fingers. "So this is the dream team" "yeah" I shrug "can't forget daddy he gets sad even more sad when he finds out uncle Kelly takes us on adventures" MillieFlorence said "oh I can imagine could probably guess all the days that happens because he gets extra grumpy to" Adam told her "he likes being with his favourite girls he told me he give me a baby brother as well" I burst out laughing I can't help it "what about me can I give you a brother" "no that's to many brothers I don't want another but daddy what's a baby boy so I be nice you can have a girl though I want lots of sisters" MillieFlorence said matter of factly "do I get a say in this" "mummy uncle Adam what's to have a baby with you" she said pouting "I don't it was a joke" he instantly said "I know Adam relax she's picked up her dads and Al's amazing ability to joke about my sex life...pretty sure my dad got in on it as well" I told him "you guys do joke about it an abnormal amount" "I know I'm truthfully just trying to keep up with Jay me that ugly girl he cheated on me with and now hailey should we count Erin it was kinda pre me" he laughs "wait him and hailey" "she's obsessed with him an uncomfortable amount like she might break into his apartment amount" "so about the same obsession he has for you" I roll my eyes "his jay so he will give in at some point" I add "not if you give him hope that you will get together his on a weird win his Dellie back kick" "I don't know my love life is super screwed up I am positive my best relationship I will hold off on children and will be away from them" I told him.

"Do you put him down" "I do not as I'm scared" "understandable" I was hugging him holding him tight against me. "His back to being his happy self though" "uncle Adam I made you this and could you pretty please give this to daddy and this one to grandpa don't let grandpa see daddy got two though" she said whispering the last part. His radio goes off making us all stop. "Crap I should have" "left ages ago I figured you were just super relaxed and having fun so I didn't say" I cut him off rocking trying to lull my active baby asleep "so that's why Jay always takes an eternity to come back" "and dad" I shrug "also I rather enjoy watching people interact with my babies" I add smiling "are you going to be ok" "I know he just got out of hospital but I've been doing this along time" he smiles "also you didn't help much" I smirk "hey I distracted Flo" I laugh shaking my head "you have to go come say goodbye Moon" I said giving him a hug "here it's me mummy baby Alli daddy and you look your right there" she said passing him another picture giving him a hug.