Prompt 7

Reader/Oc younger sister au

In the first life or before Cale can regress, Cale has a younger sister who is 4 years younger than him, and Jour died after giving birth resulting in which, the baby being neglected by the two, and Cale hating his younger sister.

His sister did everything to make the two like her. She kept smiling and happily greeted the two(as her book says something that smiling makes people happy) but kept getting ignored.

When Deruth marries Violan. She happily congratulates the two. While Cale just looks at her, thinking that she is being fake.

She is always by their sides, always cheerful, and helpful. But Violan is busy and neglects her too and Basen is shy toward her, so she thought that Basen doesn't like her too, as being disliked or hated is normal to her.

Then a day before the war is officially declared. Someone kidnapped her and killed her.

No one knew about her death, but Cale thought she ran away because of the war. 

And when Cale died, he regressed into his 18 years old body. He still hates his biological sister as he thinks she abandoned them so he became harsher and colder toward her.

This continued for multiple regression. Until Cale got curious about why she would leave. So after a fight on that particular day (where he says something that he didn't know that in the future he wouldn't forget and regret those words for eternity), he follows her but he is late as he saw the corpse of his younger sister.

Cale's heart dropped at that moment.

After knowing that his younger sister died, he thought if she also kept dying in those past regressions. And Cale is in denial and won't accept the truth, so this time he always went to that place at the same time and date, to see if he could see his sister's body there. This is proven after the next regression, or the next, or the next after that. 

And Cale has to accept the fact that all those times that he thought she ran away, abandoning them. She is being murdered and he didn't know or more like, he had never really cared before. 

Ridden with guilt, on the next regression he tries to communicate with her and be the older brother that he never allowed to her.

But on the same day before waking up, the sister gets the memories of those loops, and she completely gives up on her family as it was clear that they never really cared about her, especially her older brother.

For the first time, she declines to eat with the family as she wants to avoid them, especially Cale. And for the first time, Cale agreed to eat with the family as he wants to see his sister again.

The sister starts to avoid them and Cale is starting to feel the difference, the emptiness.

When it was time for his sister's death. Cale is prepared for this time, to prevent the supposed death but his sister didn't leave the house and just stays in her study room.

She survived and helped a lot during the war. 

When the next regression came, Cale, this time regressed into his 8 years old self, during the time of his younger sister's birth. She didn't survive but his mother survived, only to die months later because of a carriage accident.

These regressions continue the same start with his sister not surviving her birth. It also didn't take too long until his sister no longer existed in his regression.

With all those failures of seeing his family die and die again, of not being strong enough to be able to protect his family, and with his regrets for what he had done to his sister.

Cale broke hard after he realized that his sister didn't exist. He kept being in denial at that turn, to the point that people surrounding him thought that Cale had lost it and that he is starting to see an illusion of the younger version of his mom. Cale's sanity, that is barely, very barely holding together from snapping, snaps.

Just like the pattern of his regressions, it continues the same, and this time without the existence of his sister.

Cale knows his sister existed, he spent multiple lifetimes hating her, multiple lifetimes watching her die, spent multiple lifetimes regretting all he had done to her and spent multiple lifetimes just to have her forgive him, so, he just had to find her.

And the moment he finds her, he would not let go of her. He would love, protect, and pamper her as a proper older brother. Everything he should have done from the very beginning. He would make sure that his sister that is deprived of being happy and loved would only feel love and happiness. And no one would stop him from doing exactly that.

-----
Note:
I may or may not be deep into yandere Cale right now and this also has a potential for a villain Cale...