Putting Abilities to the Test

I was in an experiment bunker, standing in front of a ball dispenser machine. 

'This will test your durability and reflexes. If you have good durability, then these tennis balls that will be going at the highest speed possible will not hurt you. And in the reflexes part, you'll be able to catch them.' Dr Wells told me through the PA. 

"Got it. Start dispensing 'em." A second later, without warning, a ball shot towards me at lightning speed and hit my arm, but it didn't hurt and just bounced off idly. Another one flew to my right and I stepped to the side, letting it make a small and unnoticeable dent in the wall. When two more came, I lifted either hand and let it fly into my hands, catching it smoothly. 

'Good. That concludes the test on durability, strength and reflexes. Moving on to agility.' The room went dark and lasers appeared, moving around. 'Try and use your theorised enhanced agility to move across the lasers towards the other side.' I took a look at the lasers before devising a plan in my head, putting the balls down and attempting something I never thought I'd achieve. I did a round off back handspring before doing multiple more, bypassing the lasers and finally launching myself high into the air, performing a triple backflip into a split that I used to crawl under the last laser before doing a backwards walkover to standing. It was then I realised that I had no gymnastics training before. These moves... I'd done just now. Without any training. 

'That was sick!' Cisco exclaimed through the PA system. 

'He's not wrong.' Caitlin added. 

"Thanks, guys." I breathed, turning back to the lasers, which vanished. I felt great, using these new powers. I'd been waiting so long to find out what happened to me and after 67 lab tests and reports later this is what happens. 

'Take a five minute break. Then we'll move onto your more powerful adaptations.'  

I nodded before picking up the water bottle, drinking out of it. I got a call from Iris, picking it up. 

"'Sup?" 

'Everything is good.

"How's your meeting with Barry?" 

'It went... sort of well. Did he seem weird to you?

"I met the guy yesterday, naturally he seems weird." I replied wittily, grinning. 

'I know that, but he seemed really worked up. Is he staying at yours again?

"I'm afraid not. You want me to keep a distant eye on him?" 

'To keep my sleep at night, yes.

"Fine, I'll watch over him. You get your sleep at night." Cutting the call, I turned back to the wall where I knew the guys were, giving a thumbs up to say I'm ready. Turning around, I closed my eyes, breathing out slightly and relaxing myself while also tapping into the energy in my veins. 

Literally. 

I saw streaks of purple zipping around under my skin and sure enough, streaks of the same shade coloured my hair and my eyes glowed, my feet lifting off of the ground. I saw my reflection: the mark had appeared over my eye again and I looked... totally unrecognisable. 

But it felt good. 

'You'll see a series of holograms that Cisco and I engineered. When it comes into contact with your powers, it will deactivate. Objects are around the room for you to use. Good luck.' I turned towards a now full room, the lights darkened and holograms aiming guns at me. Now that I had this power coursing through my veins, I felt unstoppable. I fired an energy blast at one, before I flicked my hand up and to the side, making a large packing box fly towards another hologram. Looking towards a lamp, I somehow managed to make it spring alive, flying towards the last hologram and wrapping tightly around it as if the lamp was not made of metal, and the hologram disappeared. Cisco and Caitlin ran in as I floated down, shaking my hands. 

"Holy crackers, that was sick!" Cisco yelled. 

"I agree." Caitlin nodded.

"You were like a damn goddess!" I punched Cisco lightly on the shoulder, but it was like glass was covering his body and it cracked slowly, pushing what looked like Cisco's soul out of his body. 

"CISCO!" I screamed, and caught Caitlin's attention too. 

"HOLY- WHAT THE HECK?!" She ran to stand beside me as the inanimate body dropped dead, while Cisco floated around in the air. 

"What did you do to me?!" He whispered. "It's a cool thing I'm a ghost, but I don't like being one anymore!" 

"I don't know how I did it! Maybe this can help..." I shot an energy blast, but it didn't work, so I retracted my hand. I heard a scream before the sound of mending glass gave my ears the pleasure of meeting and Cisco got up, gasping. 

"That was the coolest thing that happened to me in my life." He panted, grinning. 

"I've had enough of these powers for a day." I chuckled, running a hand through my hair sheepishly.