Six

Dogfight time! Longer chapter than usual!
————————

As the pilots walked down the hallway, the brown-haired pilot that Tom sat beside during the meeting walked beside her. From what Sarah saw of him, he was just as cocky as Tom and she did not want anything to do with him. He motioned for her to hang back behind the group.

"What?" Sarah asked coldly. She had enough of the cocky pilots.

"Stay away from my wingman. He is distracted because of you. We went off course during practice because he was too busy fantasizing about you," He told her.

"And what's your name, Mr. Hardass?" She asked.

"It's Slider to you," He answered snidely.

"I'm not following your orders, simply because he is the one who approaches me. I never initiated conversation with him this whole time. Check your sources next time. Oh wait, you don't have any!" Sarah finished with a flourish and walked back towards the group, leaving Slider there.

He watched her with a hard look on his face. As much as he wanted to give her payback for what she did, he would get in trouble with Tom. He wasn't going to lie though; he liked her sassiness. Maybe Tom wasn't making a mistake having a crush on her...

Everyone arrived at the meeting room to get briefed.

"Maverick and Goose, you're up first. Good luck," The commander said.

They left with Jester to get prepped for the hop. Everyone was reminded once again that the hard deck was 10,000 feet, and if they went below it, there would be consequences.

Sarah saw Nick and Pete ascend after Jester. They did make a great team, knowing what the other should do before it was done.

Jester was on their tail, and it was getting tense. Pete and Nick moved smoothly, but they just couldn't shake him. Then, Pete said something to Nick. They began going faster.

They went under the hard deck. Ohh, they are gonna be in so much trouble. They followed him and BOOM! They got Jester! Sarah silently cheered to herself. She saw a sour look on Tom's face. Quickly, she focused back on the screen showing Pete and Nick celebrating. They said something into the mic, and before they knew it, a commander was cussing on the other end. They heard a sound that was a little bit too close to them and saw Pete and Nick fly by. Sarah smiled.

"We can do this," Jacob whispered to Sarah. She nodded.

"Alright, Riser and Glory, you're up!" The commander said.

Sarah and Jacob rose from their seats. She looked at Tom and he nodded his head the tiniest bit, so subtle that the others didn't notice. He knew it was a risky bet as it could distract her while she flew, but he just couldn't help it. Sarah smiled to herself and walked out.

"Alright, what's the plan here? We can't just copy Pete and Nick, that isn't fun," Sarah asked Jacob.

"We will find a way. After all, we make a great team," Jacob said.

I know Tom would have wanted to have a brief talk on the way to the plane about strategy... Jacob never seemed to plan it out, rather, he would just go headfirst into the situation.

They got into their assigned plane which was already running for them. Sarah took the front seat while Jacob took the rear. Headsets on, they began to communicate.

"Alright, kids, show me what you got," Jester said into the mic.

"With pleasure," Sarah responded confidently.

They ascended into the sky, Jester on their tail. Sarah noticed it and began to break right. She did not know that Jester was that good of a pilot, because the warning sounds began to play before she even blinked. They weren't dead yet, but they had to do something before Jester got good enough tone to eliminate them.