Twenty

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 10K READS! I AM OVERJOYED AT THE SUPPORT THIS BOOK HAS GOTTEN! YOU ALL ARE  REALLY AMAZING!!

I have a longer chapter prepared PLUS a bonus surprise later in the book!

Now, back to the fanfiction!

————————

Sarah sat in the cockpit as they were shot up into the air, prepared to go into battle. She tried to wave all of her thoughts of death away, readying herself. Looking over all the instruments, she made sure everything was perfectly functional.

She glanced around the plane while Jacob and Slider ascended beside them. Both planes flew in unison to the location of the bogeys.

"Voodoo One, you got a pair of bogeys. 12 o'clock, 15 miles," one of the radar operators said into the mic.

"Voodoo One, Voodoo One, zero-nine-zero. Radar contact 15 miles. I'm doing 500 knots," Tom reported back.

"Roger, that's your bogey."

Jacob stayed close to Tom whilst staying in the formation. He did not want to lose to anyone today.

"Dead ahead, 15 miles. Airspeed is 600 knots," Tom said into the comm.

"Okay, Glory, I'm taking the lead. Let's identify them," Tom flew ahead to scan the bogey.

"Roger, Ice. You got the lead. I'm on your left side, a little low," Jacob said.

"Let's break right and we'll get a better angle on him," Tom said after a few minutes of strategy chatter.

They assumed an attack formation, but the bogeys did the same.

"Uhh, guys? We got a problem! There are two pairs of bogeys!" Sarah said into the comm.

"Make that five bogeys!" Slider yelled as another one flew into the fight. "Oh shit! He's got a radar lock on us!"

"Hang in there, please!" Sarah tried to communicate with them, panic rising in her voice.

"Get out of there, Glory! Get out of there, goddamnit!" Ice yelled, finally losing his cool-tempered manner. This was too much for him.

"They are going to shoot! Get out!" Sarah screamed at them, but it was too late. The missile was shot, and they tried to break left. The bogey was true to its aim, hitting them right on their wing.

"NO! GLORY! SLIDER! I'M NOT LOSING ANOTHER FRIEND!" Sarah tried to stop her tears from falling, watching them fall out to sea. "ICE, DO SOMETHING!"

"I can't! We have six bogeys on our tail! Keep watching for them!" Tom said, maneuvering the plane across the sky.

"I'm hit! I'm hit! I'm coming apart! I can't control it! Jacob was yelling into the comm.

"0-9-0 20 we are going down!" Slider was panicking.

"Glory's been hit! Glory's been hit! Voodoo One, Voodoo One, Glory's been hit! We've lost Glory, I repeat! We've lost Glory!" Tom was now in a full panic mode, trying to swerve around the bogeys while reporting to the tower.

Sarah watched them eject and land safely into the water. She breathed a sigh of relief that they were okay.

"Maverick is coming! We still have a chance!" Sarah told him.

"Yeah, that is if he cooperates!" He replied.

"Maverick's airborne," Pete said.

"Iceman, what's your position?" Merlin asked them.

"0-9-0 and a hundred and eighty miles!" Ice responded.

"One's coming in on the left!" Sarah warned him.