x.

"How are you feeling?" Was the first thing Louis heard when he woke up, other than the cat meowing on his chest. Louis grumbled, squinting his eyes as the sun from the blinds shone in his face. He realized that Harry was hovering slightly above him, examining his face carefully. "I'm alright." He slurred sleepily. "You were making noises in your sleep." Harry told him, lifting Cleo off his chest. Louis sat up languidly, cracking his back. "'S probably cause my spines fucked up." 

"Do you want to visit urgent care?" Harry asked worriedly. Louis laughed softly, shaking his head. "I'm fine, baby." Harry pushed Louis' fringe back to check his head, seeing that his bruise was slowly healing. "You want breakfast now?" When Louis nodded, Harry got off the bed, Cleo cradled to his chest. There were crepes already on the table, a glass of vodka also and Louis laughed. "You poured me some vodka?" 

"I figured you'd want some." Harry said, placing Cleo on the ground. Louis took a seat at the table and started eating the pancake. "Lou, there's jam in the fridge also, I couldn't get it." Harry mumbled, pouting. Louis chuckled, squeezing his cheeks. "It's already sweet enough." 

Harry nodded and went back to the food. "Winona said she's open for today." Louis told him, chewing. "Private appointment?" 

"Yep." 

Winona moved the wand around Harry's bump, the pregnant man staring at the sonogram. "She appears to be doing well," Winona said. "Have you felt her kick yet." Harry pressed his lips together, shaking his head. He's been waiting for that to happen for awhile now, but still nothing. He's anxious that maybe what happened with Mark might've triggered her somehow, but maybe that's impossible. He doesn't know. Winona smiled warmly. "It's alright if she hasn't, sometimes it takes awhile. Maybe even the last month, just know that she is alive and well." 

Harry sighed, nodding. "Your due date should be June 14th, so when that period approaches, make sure you're prepared. It's natural if she is a few days early, but, I need to know what kind of birth you're thinking."  

Harry pursed his lips in thought, leaning back in the examination bed. "Natural." 

After the appointment, Louis was driving back to the house, the radio playing faintly. "Do you want to go out to eat something?" 

"Denny's." 

Louis sucked his teeth. "About that.. I'm pretty sure I've been banned from there. Or most likely unwelcome." Harry stared at Louis with an "are you serious" face, clearly unimpressed. "What did you do?" 

"May have gotten drunk." Harry sighed, leaning his head on the dashboard. "What else are we supposed to eat?" He exaggerated. "I'm sure it's not the end of the world, Haz. We'll find something." 

"Onion soup." Harry said as he placed the bowl in front of Louis. Louis grimaced, staring down at the dish. "It's good for you." The younger man then said, giving Louis a pointed look. He knew this was most likely a punishment for getting them banned from Denny's, so hesitantly, Louis picked up his spoon and scooped a tiny portion, carefully placing it in his mouth. "Good?" Louis swallowed down the food, squinting. "It's.. alright." 

Harry smiled. "Good. Because I'm not fixing you anything else." He went back into the kitchen to grab the carton of granita he made, taking a seat across from Louis. Louis frowned, staring at the dessert. "How come you get to eat that and I have to eat soup." Harry pointed at Louis with his spoon, clearly amused. "You need to be healthy." Was his only excuse, licking his spoon of granita. "You know I like that, though." Harry hummed thoughtfully, biting the spoon.