Chapter 11

Harry Styles

It's Friday now, and I'm walking up the steps of Brooke's house. Yeah, I don't believe it either.

It's not an average house size but it's not really big either. All of the houses in this part of the neighborhood are owned by people who can afford them, which is only people who win millions. All of them are mainly white and they obviously look gorgeous.

I'm kinda surprised she wanted us to meet at her house this time, but I guess she didn't before because her father was at home. I'm not going to lie and say I'm not nervous, because I am.

We still have a lot to work on the project, so that's why we have been seeing each other so much. She said we should meet at least twice a week. I agreed, because if I'm being honest if we don't I don't think we will be able to finish it. We also need to start thinking about the presentation and everything so it's just a lot of work.

It feels like I'm getting closer to the end of the case in a way. I'm still very much at the beginning, that's obvious, but the fact that I'm going to be inside the house where Grace was last seen and where her last words might have been said gives me a bit of hope.

Once I get to the final step and I stand in front of the big withe door that hides all the secrets of the Wires family I can help but let out a stressed breath. I'm actually on time today, so Brooke better not say anything about that.

I ring the doorbell and before I can react the door gets open. I look behind it to see that nobody is standing there and I'm left a bit confused.

I enter the house and the door gets closed behind me. I stare at it and I let out a huff.

I turn around to be met with a big open white and black lobby. Right in front of me there's a set of stairs that leads to the second floor. To my right there's the dining room and to my left , the kitchen. None of these rooms have doors, it's an open complex. Between the stairs there are two couches one in front of the other and there's a crystal door that gives access to the back patio, where you can definitely see a pool.

I'm guessing that if you walk towards the dining room to its left you'll be able to find the living room, because I can't see it from where I'm standing. What I can see is a hallway next to the left staircase. I have no idea what it is, and before I can get any further, Brooke's voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Up here green eyes." She says, and I look up to see her leaning over the railing of the second floor. She's wearing her usual black clothes, but they look more comfy. Her eyes are hidden behind layers of dark makeup and her hair is in a messy bun.

"Couldn't you open the door for yourself princess?" I ask her, still mesmerized by the inside of her house.

She rolls her eyes. "Didn't want to see you more than I already needed to."

"Fuck you." I answer. She smirks at my reaction, before she stops leaning against the railing and walks backwards. "This way." She says.

I walk up the stairs and I follow her towards what I'm guessing it's her room. She opens the door and I'm met by a very different sight than the one I just saw.

Her room is so...different. All her house is mainly white with some black touches but her bedroom is dark.

Her bed is leaning against the wall, and it is the first thing you see when you enter. On the same wall there's a window, which is the only form of light right now. There is a small shelf on the right side of the window, where I can see some cd's. A picture frame hangs from it.

The shelf is not full wall, it is just like a small rectangle big enough to put the all cd's. Hooked to the ceiling there is a strip of blue LED lights that falls towards the bed but is held by the shelf, which gives it a rather peculiar look. Her bed has no headboard, and the wall where the pillows are is covered by a tarp which contains a drawing of a moon.