=2= Dirty Laundry Revealed My Identity

Noah was woken up out of a dead sleep by her brother Sam the following morning

Noah was woken up out of a dead sleep by her brother Sam the following morning. The twelve-year-old was rocking her back and forth as hard as he could.

"Noah," he groaned. "Noah! Wake up already, you dipshit!"

"Dude," she grumbled, swatting at his arm with one arm that wasn't around him. "Come on, I need to sleep."

Noah rolled over onto her other side and curled up against his chest. She heard the raspy breathing from where his chin rested against her forehead.

"What time is it?" she asked.

It took a moment for Noah's eyes to adjust to the brightness while Sam answered.

"Almost seven forty-five. I know this isn't what you wanted to wake up to, but there's no time to waste! Come on! Mom will be pissed!" He tried to push his sister up.

Noah let out another sleepy groan but sat up all the same. Sam left her bedroom when Pippa, her kindergarten-aged sister, came running into the bedroom. Her hair was sticking out wildly and she was still in her pajamas. She stopped in front of her two siblings, looking a little panicked.

"My hair is going crazy!" she shrieked.

Noah shook her head, giving her sister a small wave in dismissal. "Pip, calm down. Go brush your teeth and then bring me a hairbrush so I can brush your hair."

Her little sister looked relieved, taking off at full speed down the hall toward the bathroom.

Still wearing her shirt from the night before but in a new pair of jeans, Noah exited her bedroom.

"The bus leaves in twenty minutes! How far along are we?" she called out to her siblings.

"Just a minute!" Sam hollered from the bathroom, mouth full of toothpaste.

"Yeah, just a minute!" Pippa echoed next to him, standing on her step stool.

She blinked, her mouth open slightly at a yawn as she tried to process the information. Then she threw herself into packing their backpacks. They got lunch from the cafeteria, so no packed lunches were needed.

Entering the living room fully dressed and a hairbrush in hand, Pippa asked for her shoes.

"In the hall closet," Noah answered, zipping up the last backpack, each color coordinated to each sibling; yellow for Pippa, blue for Sam, and pink for Noah.

Noah double-checked her pack to make sure she had everything for school: a small fidget toy, noise-canceling earbuds, regular earbuds, and an iPod touch for music and sound stimulation.

And...she lost her phone in the forest! Fuck!

She grabbed a big handful of granola bars from the pantry and brought them back to the table next to Pippa. Pippa snatched one up, shoving the whole bar into her mouth as her sister began brushing her wild hair.