Chapter 4 - Eddies' POV

As I walk out of the store, I come to the final conclusion that Steve was definitely acting weird. Going from ignoring me, to helping me find a movie, to trying to get away from me as quickly as possible? What the hell? Does he seriously not like me enough to a point where he can't even force himself to be around me for more than 10 minutes? I don't know. But what I do know is that he gave me some pretty good movie suggestions, so theres that I guess. 

I unlock the van and hop in, getting ready to head back to the trailer.  I don't really want to go back to be alone, but I kinda don't have anywhere else to go at this point, so I start driving in that direction. 

As soon as I get back, I grab a beer from the fridge and head to my room, VHS tape in my hand. When I walk through the doorway I place both the movie and beer on a dresser and head towards my guitar, picking it up gently. 

"You're my pride and joy," I say to it, strumming the strings carefully, "most definitely my best friend, that's for damn sure." 

I place it back onto its resting area on my wall and go back to grab the beer I left. Just as I'm popping the tab open the phone begins to ring. 

"Dammit." I mumble, putting the beer back once again. I hesitate for a minute, wondering if I should answer it or not. The last time the phone rang in the middle of the day it was an angry reporter, demanding to know how much my family paid the Hawkins PD to keep me out of prison. Which you know...isn't true. I know its dumb to let things like that get to me, but after everything. I don't know. It just really made me angry, and I'm not sure I want to feel that way again right now. 

After a couple more seconds of thinking, I finally decide to answer the damn phone. I'll just hang up right away if its some douchebag reporter or whatever. As soon as I picked the phone up off the reciever, I hear a voice say:

"About goddamn time Munson. I thought you wouldn't answer, which wouldn't have made sense because we both know your ass is at home right now." My eyes widen in surprise.

"Um, Steve?"

"The one and only. Robin is also here, say hi Robbie." Theres a bit of shuffling but after a second Robins bubbly voice says, "Hey Eddie! We've got a question for you."

I pause for a second. "Alright, what's up?" I hear some more shuffling on the other end of the phone and my stomach begins to flip, nervous about what I might hear.

"Alright, so we were wondering." Its Steve again. "we're gonna take the little punks bowling after our shift today, so around 6:30, and we were wondering if you wanted to come with? Robin invited Vickie, so it won't just be us 3."

I think for a second. Do they seriously want me around? God Steve was hard to read. One second he hates my guts, the next he's inviting me to hang out? Fucking weird.

"Hey thanks for the invite but uh, I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it. I've got...something else to do-"

"You're full of shit Munson. Quit lying." Steve interrupts. "Trust me. Or rather, trust Robin. Right Robin? We want him there and it'll be fun?

Hell yeah Eddie! Come onnn." 

"Alright Jesus I'll go, if you want me there so bad." I roll my eyes. "6:30 right?"

"Yep. On the dot. Don't be late." And with that, Steve hangs up the phone, leaving Eddie to stand in stunned silence. 

Well. That was something. But I'm still confused. Why would Steve go from completely ignoring me, to helping me pick a movie, to avoiding me again, to inviting me somewhere with his friends? I shake my head, deciding not to overthink it too much. I don't know what's going on with him, but hopefully he's doing okay. Not that I care or anything. 

I start over to my closet, thinking about what I'll wear. I mean, I'm not dressing to impress or anything, so I could just wear the clothes I have on now, but I wore this band tee yesterday, and these jeans for...I don't actually remember how long it's been since I've washed these. Shit. I decide to gather up some clean clothes and take another shower. I know I took one this morning but, I don't know, I don't want to look so disheveled. 

I can't believe I'm putting so much effort into seeing Harrington. And Robin and them. Whatever. At least I have something to look forward to. 

(A/N- idk if I clarified this already, but this is my first story I've written on here, so if any of ya'll reading would be interested, I'd love to hear some feedback. Stuff I should improve/change, things I should keep the same, whatever. I'd super appreciate it! Hope you're enjoying so far. I'm trying to upload one short chapter every day.)