Chapter 16 - Steves POV

"Do you wanna be my boyfriend?"

Any trace of sleepiness is immediately replaced with shock. I realize I've been silent for more than half a minute when Eddie pulls away from my grasp and looks me in the eyes.

I'm pretty sure he mistakes my surprised silence as uncertainty, because he immediately backtracks when he sees my wide eyes, "You don't have to say yes if you don't want to, I understand if you just wanna stay friends or whatever. I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked that-"

I interrupt his long winded apology by pressing a soft kiss to his lips. I can feel his tension melt as his muscles relax, kissing me back gently.

I pull away and place my forehead against Eddies. "Of course I want to have the honor of being Eddie 'the brave' Munsons boyfriend." I smile as Eddie's eyes light up.

"Brave?" He asks sheepishly, looking anywhere but at me. I move to guide his chin up so we're making eye contact once again.

"Brave." I confirm without a hint of doubt. "Eds, you're one of the bravest people I know. How you continue to fight after everything you've been through...I admire you so much it's kind of embarrassing." I chuckle as Eddies cheeks grow bright red in response to the praise. "Please don't discredit your achievements. I know full well not everyone could handle...what happened...as cordially as you. Okay?"

Silence lingers in the air for a bit as Eddie processes my words. Slowly, he nods his head. "Okay." He still sounds a bit uncertain, but I pull him close and drop it for the moment being. I make it a personal goal of mine to show Eddie Munson just how amazing he is.

We lay in a comfortable silence, me running my fingers through Eddies soft curls and him tracing circles along my back. Eventually the repetition is enough to lull us both into a deep sleep.

- time skip to the morning -

I wake up with a yawn, careful not to disturb the sleeping man tangled in my arms. The memories of the previous night making me smile.

It wasn't a dream. Eddie actually likes me back.

I take a couple minutes to revel in the beauty of the metal head laying next to me. He's laying on his back, hair fanned out on the pillow he's laying on, creating a deep brown halo surrounding his head. His pink lips lay slightly separated and a subtle imprint of the pillow case adorns his cheek. Despite knowing it might wake Eddie up, I can't resist reaching over and tracing over the lines decorating his face. My thumb ghosts over the markings, and I'm enchanted by this man's ability to constantly be good looking, as cheesy as that may sound. I truly don't think I've ever seen anyone has bewitching as him.

Eddie hums a bit as he stirs, moving to lean into my touch. I don't think he's quite awake, which means this action is done subconsciously. That fact makes my chest swell with pride.

After a couple seconds after his initial movement, Eddie begins to stretch, reaching his arms out, effectively (but softly) punching me in the face.

As soon as his left hand comes in contact with my face he pauses his movement and quickly opens his eyes. He slowly moves to look at me, hand still resting against my face.

The second we make eye contact I burst out laughing. I move to sit up and Eddie follows my action, surprised look frozen on his face. "Oh my God I am so so sorry." He grabs my face in his hands, rubbing his thumb over the eye he accidentally jabbed. "Are you okay?? Did I hurt you?"

"Hey, don't worry about it. I promise you didn't hurt me. Your punches are weak Munson." I place my hands over his and pull them away from my face, kissing Eddies right hand gently as I let them go, shifting to get up off the bed. As I face away from Eddie to grab a clean shirt from my closet, I feel a pillow smack against my back and fall on the floor by my feet. I spin around and raise my eyebrows at Eddie, who responds by sticking his tongue out and crossing his arms.