|1|

Then we danced in the dark,
Under September stars and the pouring rain
And I know that I can't ever tell you enough
That all I need in this life, is your crazy love
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can you at least try to sit still ? And stop fidgeting with that morpankh!" reprimanded Revati, her bejeweled fingers softly massaging Krishna's scalp and forehead.

"I feel kind of restless bhabi."he answered promptly, tucking the mauve feather into his shoulder band.

"Reason why you're sitting here, isn't it ?"she looked down at him with a smile.
He ran a finger down his shoulder length timber curls, "Stop thinking Kanha. Just let yourself be. Close your eyes and wind down."

He sighed and leaned back as he allowed her to take his worries away.
His head lolled and swayed with her movements, in a half asleep state.
"Don't sleep though. Rukmini is getting your supper."

"Yes, no sleeping with an empty stomach chote. You have a big day tomorrow."said Balrama, looking up from the scrolls. He had been going over the battalion details of the Narayani Sena, and simultaneously calculating stuff in his head.

Of course, he knew dharma was were Krishna stood, and victory was where dharma stood. But there was always a 'but still' hammering his head. He was an elder brother after all, not to overlook his protective nature. Sending off his younger brother into the battlefield without his and Rukmini's well crafted army, moreover not being along with, gnawed his mind.

"Do you like being my elder sister ? Or would it have been better if your were younger?"said Kanha, shooting the most random question at the most random time. Then again, let's not forget who are talking about. Krishna equates to unpredictable.

"To think, had you been an older brother to me, I would've eaten your ears off, would've given you heart attacks by my careless acts and well, pretty much what Subhadra does on a daily basis."said Ksheeraswaroopini.

All of them broke into happy chuckles on the mention of the youngest sibling.
Looking at his wife, Balrama began, "I thought my job was over when Krishna started acting a bit decent, emphasis on the bit. But then Subhadra came into the picture and I had to do it all over again."

"I helped you with her though, that counts."pointed Krishna.

"By provoking all her weird wishes? Why thank you sir!" retorted Dau, rolling his eyes.

"I prefer being an elder sister to you."answered Revati, very thoughtfully.

"Why so?"asked the said person, his eyes closing slightly.

She tapped his shoulder and just as he turned to look over at her, she twisted his other ear.

"Ouch! That was uncalled for!"he said, rubbing his ear with a cute frown.

"You are uncalled for!"she said, in between the laughs.

"Dau I need some defence, come on!"he looked desperately at his brother, who was heavily smirking for no reason.
"I vaguely remember you introducing Revati to Rukmini, when you guys first met. I think you went like- she's smarter, better, quicker, sharper, prettier than my elder brother. And now you expect me to defend you ? I love holding grudges. No way in hell! You're on your own buddy!"