Chapter 3 - Malfunction

'My tablet :(' Ahkmenrah spoke. The room fell deadly silent. Everyone stared at him, then moved their eyes to Larry, whose mouth remain wide open.

'What's wrong, Ahk?' Larry walked up to the sad Pharoh and patted his back.

Ahkmenrah gestured his head out of the room, and the gang followed them. They walked to Ahkmenrah's tomb, where the tablet lay. They looked up, to see the tablet... rusting? A small part of the tablet, at the bottom, has changed colour; it looked like the magic was fading.

They audibly gasped. Whispers arose throughout the room as they talked amongst themselves. The tablet's rust suddenly began to grow. Suddenly everyone began screaming, either in pain or panic, Larry couldn't tell. He turned around to see a complete mess:

Ahkmenrah had began to lose consciousness, slowly passing out. He had dropped to the floor, as his eyes rolled to the back of his head. Larry quickly made his way to his friend's side, supporting him. Larry glanced around the rest of the room for support, but was instead greeted with chaos.

Atilla was screaming, panic in his eyes. He began flailing his arms around like an angry chicken, tears streaming down his face and then cowered in the corner of the room. At the other side of the room, Sacajawea and Teddy were stood together. They looked down at their hands. Larry saw them slowly solidifying back into wax. On the floor, it seemed like the two miniatures had reverted back to their previous lives. Octavius was giving a monologue in Latin, while Jedediah was babbling about blowing things up.

Then suddenly, everything returned back to normal. Everyone looked around at eachother, shocked by what had just occurred. Ahkmenrah jumped up immediately.
'I know where we must go.'

'What do you mean?' Larry asked.

'The tablet. It was gifted to me by my mother and father. They will know what to do, and how to fix this.'

'Where are they?' A mix of voices asked.

'Cambridge. They were left there while I was transported to New York.'

Larry looked around the room. He looked at everyone, individually. Their faces full of worry. He knew what he must do; if he wanted to save his friends, he needed to fix that tablet.

It was time to go abroad.