Chapter 6 - Academic Rivals

'Hello, brother,' Ahkmenrah approached the glass case. 'Been a while. How's this place suiting you?'

Kahmunrah rolled his eyes in disgust. 'Oh look, it's mummy and daddy's favourite child. Where's your stupid tablet? Were you too wreckless?'

Ahkmenrah looked down in sorrow, reminded of the troubles of the tablet. Larry saw his discomfort and stepped in. 'Ahem- Kahmunrah, I know we've had our differences, but do you know where your parents are?' Larry pleaded with the imprisoned Egyptian, from behind the glass. 'Look- this tablet- the magic is fading, and without your parents' help, all museum exhibits will stop coming back to life.'

Kahmunrah gave a long sigh, resting his chin on his hand. 'Fine. But promise to let me out if I tell you.'

'You have our word.' Roosevelt put his hand on his chest. 'Now please, friend, tell us.'

'Word has it, they used to be here, at Cambridge. But they were... moved. Stolen is a more appropriate term.'

'By who!?' Ahkmenrah demanded.

'Oxford...'

The group looked at each other. Larry sighed. 'How do we get there? Time is running out.'

Sacajawea coughed. 'We can take the bus? It's quick and efficient.'

'Good idea,' said Larry 'C'mon guys.'

As he turned around he spotted the pharaoh he had quickly forgotten about. Cleopatra's eyes locked with his for a split second. Larry felt his heart thumping in his chest. 'Uh... well, it was a pleasure to meet you, Cleopatra.'

The group swiftly moved towards the hall's doors. 'Hey- guys- free me??' Kahmunrah spoke in the distance, as the group continued to move on. His cries were futile.

'I'm coming with you!' Cleopatra called after them. Octavius gave a loud groan.

'Oh! Uh, sure... the more the merrier, I guess.' Larry spoke, glancing at Octavius.

One bus ride later...

They had arrived at Oxford

They had arrived at Oxford. Sneaking in, illegally, they managed to get through the security. Larry took one step into the room.

'YEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWW'
A loud voice screamed from behind them. They all jumped with fright.

'What the hell?' Larry looked around. He met face-to-face with a.. cowboy?

'Name's Bill. Buffalo Bill.' He spat in his hand before holding it out in Larry's direction, asking for a handshake. Larry stared into his eyes. 'No, thank you.'

Jedediah coughed. 'Howdy, partner. How do you do? Name's Jedediah.'

Buffalo Bill laughed. 'What happened to ya? Drank a shrinking potion?'

Larry interrupted. 'Is there any chance you could help us? See we've just come from Cambridge University and-'

Bill's face dropped. 'What did ya say?'

'Uh... we've just come from Cambridge and-'

Bill pulled out a gun. 'I'm about to shoot you. See, we don't appreciate Cambridge. Our rivals, y'see?'

Suddenly, the tablet began to rust. Everyone began to panic; Ahkmenrah collapsed, Atilla cowered. Sacajawea and Theodore started turning back to wax. Jedediah and Octavius became weak.

Buffalo Bill was also affected. His hand began to tremble, unable to hold his revolved straight. He dropped the gun. During the chaos, Nick swiftly pick up the gun, shooting it at the cieling. He emptied the barrel.

'Where'd you learn to do that?' Larry asked, eyebrows raised in shock.

'Call of Duty...'

'Wow. Anyway,' he turned to Bill, 'Listen. We need to find the Egyptian Pharaohs. We were told they were taken here. Can you help us?' Larry spoke with certainty.

'Uh-uh. I'm s-sorry. We can't. The Egyptians were sold. Gave the University more money, y'see?' The cowboy trembled now.

The group were stuck. They did not know what to do. Sacajawea saw something on the ground: A poster?

 Sacajawea saw something on the ground: A poster?

Perfect.

'Guys, look.' Sacajawea showed the group the leaflet.

'Perfect, Sacajawea.'
'Well done, darling.'
'Let's go!'