"Euthanasia of Love"

A oneshot story by yours truly. Author Saddy.

\\• Ang iyong mababasa ay pawang imahinasyon lamang at hindi nauugnay sa totoong buhay. Ang mga pangalan ng mga karakter ay nagbabase lamang sa idolo ng manunulat. Kung ayaw mo yung story block agad wag na madaming say. Okay? •//

"Love is a magical thing that can make your world go round. But when love starts to falter and hurt, would you hold on or let go?"

Regine

My morning starts to shine

With teardrops in my eyes

And here I am alone starting to realize

That my days would be brighter

If I could learn to hide

The feelings that I have for you

Keep hurting me inside...

As I sing the first few lines of the song my eyes caught someone staring at me through the Audience. Marami namang nakatingin but his stares are Different. Yung para bang there's a connection.

Then my days begin

With simple thoughts of you

Hoping that tomorrow will be me and you

Sharing dreams with each other

And making them come true

Holding one another, saying all "I need is you"

I looked back at him as our eyes meet. Hindi ko maiwasang isipin kung bakit ako nakikipagtitigan sa taong ito. At bakit sa dinami dami ng tao sa kanya napako ang tingin ko.

But will you say that you love me

And show me that you care

Say when I need you

You will always be there

But if you go and leave me

This I swear is true

My love will always be with you

Gusto kong umiwas ng tingin pero para bang hinahatak niya ako pabalik. Parang nakadikit ang mga mata ko sa kanya. And what's weirder is my heart started racing.

Now my nights would end

With just one wish, that's you

To hold me in the dark

And help me make it through

'Cause the pain that's inside me

Would simply melt away

If I had you here with me

And promise me you'd stay

He started walking and my eyes followed him. Nakatingin parin siya sakin habang naglalakad sa likod ng nagkukumpulang mga tao.

But will you say that you love me

And show me that you care

Say when I need you

You will always be there

But if you go and leave me

This I swear is true

My love will always be with you
Ooh, ooh, ooo

My eyes followed his every move. Sinusundan ko lang siya ng tingin nang may lumagpas na tao at bigla siyang nawala. I almost stopped singing para hanapin siya but I continued.

But will you say that you love me

And show me that you care

Say when I need you

You will always be there

But if you go and leave me

This I swear is true

My love will always

My love will always

My love will always be with you

The song ended at busy parin ako sa paghahanap kung nasan na yung lalaking nakatingin sakin kanina pero para bang nawala siya ng parang bula. Tumalikod ako para ibigay ang mic sa ibang employee na kakanta but instead of an employee I saw the man who was staring at me earlier. At nasa harapan ko na siya.

"Hi miss...." Tinignan niya ang Name tag ko. "Regine, I'm Ogie. Nice to meet you." And at that moment I would have never thought na ang lalaking nasa harapan ko ay ang mapapangasawa ko.

While most stories start with where it began, what if ours started when it was already falling apart?

"Sige umalis ka! Ganon ka naman palagi diba? You leave when things go downhill, bakit di ka nalang umalis at wag na wag ka nang babalik!" I screamed at him as I threw his clothes out of the house.

"Ano ba tumigil ka na nga!" Sabi niya habang pinupulot ang mga gamit na ibinabato ko sa kanya. "Tama na!" Sigaw niya ulit at hinawakan ang mga braso ko.

"Bakit? Bakit palagi mo nalang akong iniiwan sa gitna ng labanan? Bakit feeling ko ako lang ang lumalaban sa relasyong to?" My eyes started to water and my strength started to falter. I looked straight in his eyes and bravely asked him the words that crossed my mind every night.

"Deretsahin mo nga ako? Gusto mo pa ba?" I asked him. But he only looked at me, crushing me more.

After minutes of silence and my sobs occupying the entire vicinity he spoke.

"I loved you."

But those words only made the pain worse. Made the already painful cut sting and made me want to just die.

Where did I go wrong? Where did we go wrong?

"Kailangan kita." I said as I saw him packing his things.

"You're better off without me Regine." That was the only goodbye I didn't want to accept.

"I love you." I said holding onto our love.

"I loved you too." He said as he left me there. Regretting the day, our love started to wither.

End....

-----------------

Author's note!

Literal na short story.

-S-