𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆

"Miss Foster!!" Mr. Sweeny's nasal voice cut through Sophie's concentration on her game as he yanked her console out of her hands. "Have you decided that you're too smart to pay attention to this information?"

Sophie forced her eyes to move to look at him. She tried not to wince as the bright fluorescents reflected off the vivid blue walls of the museum, her mind going back to its constant state of boredom.

"No, Mr. Sweeney," she said, meeting the glares of her now staring classmates with her superior glare. She wasn't in the mood for attention, usually she wouldn't mind it, but she was annoyed because her teacher interrupted her, and by annoyed she was super annoyed

"Then perhaps you can explain why you were playing your games instead of following along?" Mr. Sweeney held up her console like they were evidence in a crime. Though to him, they probably were. He'd dragged Sophie's class to the Natural History Museum in Balboa Park, assuming his students would be excited about the all-day field trip. He didn't seem to realize that unless the giant dinosaur replicas came to life and started eating people, no one cared.

Sophie toned her glare down and met his. There was no way to make Mr. Sweeney understand how  annoyed she was by him  for interrupting her game.

Sophie rolled her eyes before reciting the facts her photographic memory captured when she glanced at it when she entered the museum. When she was done, Mr. Sweeny was red enough he could have been mistaken for a tomato.

"And besides, Mr.Sweeney, unless the giant dinosaur replicas came to life and started eating people, no one cares," she added, voicing her earlier thoughts.

All her classmates looked at her then back to their teacher.

"That's it. Detention for two weeks!" Mr. Sweeney yelled.

"If you want to give me detention, old man, you gotta get in line, I'm booked till next month" Sophie said casually. It was true, she got a month's worth of detention for ditching class but Sophie couldn't help herself, she was bored as hell and when she saw the chance, she took it.

Mr. Sweeney was glowing with anger at this point, "After today young lady, I'm having a nice long talk with your parents"

Sophie repressed a sigh, "Sure go ahead, call them right now". Not that they'll talk.

Mr. Sweeney took the bait, and immediately started calling her parents number, and put it on speaker. He thought he could humiliate her? Sophie repressed a chuckle. He could broadcast it across the whole museum for all she cared.

"Hello?" a voice said across the speaker.

"This is Sophie Foster's teacher, Mr. Sweeney speaking. Can I talk with Mr or Mrs Foster?"

Sophie couldn't help but giggle.

"Ahh, I'm sorry, they're in a meeting right now. Do you have an appointment?" Stephen, the attendant in her parents office asked.

"An Appointment? Wha" Mr Sweeney asked, completely flustered. Sophie repressed a howl of laughter. 

Stephen sighed, "Whatever you want to tell them, leave a text, I'll tell them about it when they have time"

Before the teacher could respond, Stephen cut the call.

Sophie noticed all her classmates, trying to hold in their laughter.

Mr.Sweeney looked enraged but seems to have discovered that arguing with her was a lost cause. Good for him.  And ushered them into another room.

"Nice job, Fooster"Garwin Chang—a boy wearing a T-shirt that said BACK OFF! I'M GONNA FART—sneered.