𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒐

Sophie sprinted after Fitz into the parking lot. She stepped on a fallen twig making it snap with a crunch, Sophie cursed at herself in her mind and crossed her fingers hoping he wouldn't notice, Fitz stopped and turned around but he couldn't see anyone. He narrowed his eyes and turned back around. Crouched behind a car, Sophie let out a relieved breath. Sophie peeked from behind the car, and saw Fitz digging in his pocket for something.

Could he be searching for keys? Sophie wondered, the rush of adrenaline fading away, filling her with disappointment. Sophie sighed internally, but her eyes narrowed as Fitz pulled out a slender.. wand? It had a crystal at the top which Fitz fiddled with.

A sound of a phone ringing pierced through the silence. Sophie glanced at Fitz as he pulled out a phone.

That was released yesterday Sophie thought. This guy is either very rich or is caught up with something he shouldn't be involved with.

"What is it?" Fitz asked.

"Someone's in the parking lot with you, idiot!" a voice with the same crisp accent as Fitz spoke.

Fitz turned back as Sophie ducked behind the car.

How did they know? They can only access The CCTV's if they're- Sophie's eyes widened. Are they working for the government? She was knee deep in some very troubling quicksand.

Sophie was too caught up in her thoughts that she hadn't noticed Fitz spotting her. She jumped when Fitz grabbed her wrist.

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" Fitz hissed.

"The parking lot is a public space. I have every right to be here" Sophie managed to speak, as she regained her composure, and she pried his grip on her hand.

Sophie got up and looked around to see a girl around her age with the same hair and teal eyes as Fitz. Sophie guessed a normal person could describe her as "pretty"

"What are you looking at?" Fitz asked.

"Is she your sister?" Sophie asked, pointing at the girl. The girl's eyes widened as she took out a disc like thing and clicked it in the center.

"You could see me?" The girls asked, and looked at Fitz, "Who is she?" she demanded.

"Better question yet, why does he look pale?" Sophie asked, poking Fitz with her finger.

"What are you doing here?" Fitz demanded, looking at the new girl, for the second time that day.

"Um, not gonna do anything about her?" The girl said, nodding her head towards Sophie.

Fitz shook his head, "I'm so confused."

But Sophie was paying more attention to the pole behind the girl, it swayed and started leaning. Sophie cursed, it was going to fall

"Watch out," Sophie warned the girl. Fitz scrunched his face in confusion before he saw the pole falling below, gradually falling faster.

That girl is gonna get squished.

Her hand shot into the air, her mind pulling strength from somewhere deep in her gut and pushing it out through her fingertips. She felt the force collide with the falling pole, gripping on like it was an extension of her arm and to her surprise it didn't fall. Sophie started at the sight in front her.

"Put it down" Fitz's voice brought her back to reality. Sophie looked at him, then at the girl, then at her outstretched hand and to the pole in mid-air.

"Put it down, Sophie," Fitz repeated.

Sophie let go, how? She didn't know but the concrete cracked as the pole hit the ground with force that could kill the person. She noticed Biana breathing heavily, as her eyes snapped to hers, "Thank you" she breathed.