4: introductions

"Guys if I start screaming please come and save me."

"No way! We'll be making a run for it."

"Hey! So you're just going to sacrifice me like that?"

"I'm doing you a favour because you're going to die a hero! Not everyone gets that privilege, okay?" Yena protested.

"You know she can hear you from inside, right? She's not deaf." Wonyoung said, rolling her eyes.

Hyewon was about to enter her room for the first time to settle down and unpack. To say that she was afraid would be a serious understatement. Maybe she was overthinking. How bad can it be? She can't freeze her into a statue and leave her to die right? Her father would never let her share a room with a killer, right? Right?

"Just go for it. It'll be fine. We're rooting for you." Minju said encouragingly as she held her fist into the air.

Hyewon sighed. It was better to get it over and done with now, wasn't it? Her hand trembling, she grabbed the doorknob which was icy to the touch. She shivered, a combination of the nerves and the cold. She inhaled. Here goes nothing, she thought to herself as she walked in.

She was hit by a blast of cold air upon walking in. By the looks of it, Eunbi's sheer presence alone was enough to freeze the air around her. Despite the fact that it was summer outside, it felt like winter here. Hyewon shivered. It looked like she was going to need lots of warm clothing if she wanted to survive here without freezing to death. Eunbi seemed completely unaffected by the cold which made sense considering her powers.

"Hi there. I'm Hyewon, your roommate." she said softly, afraid to disrupt her from whatever she was doing on her phone.

She looked up, giving her an icy glare before returning to her phone. What was her problem? She was just trying to be nice, and this was the kind of response she got. Hyewon was thankful at least that they had two separate beds which were a decent distance apart. They each had their own wardrobes beside their beds on opposite ends of the room and a shared beside table between them. There was also a television mounted on the wall in front of the two beds. If there was something the school didn't lack, it was money due to funding from various wealthy alumni.

Hyewon sighed, deciding to unpack her things before joining the others again outside. As she packed, she eyed her new roommate from the corner of her eye. She had to admit that despite how cold she was, she was really pretty. Her skin was as pale as the snow she conjured, soft and delicate like a doll. Her eyes were appropriately and icy blue which reminded Hyewon of the snow-capped mountains near her home. Her long, dark hair rested on her shoulders, gleaming in the sunlight. It contrasted beautifully against her pale skin and made her look like someone out of a fairytale. It was a pity that she had such a mean personality. Hyewon would have liked to get to know her better.

Hyewon didn't pack much. She usually wore the same few clothes and liked to dress simply. If she needed more clothes, she figured that she could just drop by the city and go shopping. Trying to be as quick as possible, she stuffed her clothes into her wardrobe and shoved her luggage to the side. It was freezing cold and she wanted to get out before she turned into a popsicle.

After her haphazard unpacking, she dashed out of the room again, grateful for the warmth of the common room.

"Woah! You're freezing!" Yena exclaimed upon seeing her.

"I bet living with the ice queen is going to be miserable." Yuri grimaced. "I wouldn't want to be sleeping in a constant blizzard."

"Hey, maybe my powers can help." Chaewon suggested, stepping forward.